Using SVO - intank fuel pump

Hi

Im thinking of using SVO in my ASV engine Octavia, and was wondering what type of fuel pump (if any) it had in the tank.

In my Passat, I used to hear the swish of the fuel pump priming up, but I don't hear anything in the octy, which makes me think that there is only the fuel pump from the engine.

So, the question is - is there an lift pump in the tank, and if not, can I use the pumps from a later year mk1 (or any other vag) to fit straight into the original tank.

Is there anyone else on here using SVO or WVO, and how are you heating your oil if so.

Cheers

that's why im thinking that I can use the intank pump from a pd engine ?? good idea or waste of time??

The lift pump from the 130bhp PD engine from the mkI should be suitable. AFAIK the tank is the same so it should be a straight swap.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

awesome - now to find one! - dont suppose you have the part number?

whats the engine code of the pd engine in the later mk1's?

Edited by sebring

also, with the car work ok if i dont connect the pump up just yet, but have the pump installed?  or will there be too much restriction.

AND.... does the fuel pump stay on continuously and only provide the fuel it needs to will it overflow the engine?

Sebring, I have done about 150k miles over 10 years on 3 PD and non PD engines the ALH, ASZ and ASV engines. The ALH ran the best, the ASV the next and the ASZ least best as it is a PD, but it still ran OK.

You dont need a lift pump, forget that, and as for any PHE's or anything, nope. Just advance the timing slightly, and you can run 100% SVO/WVO all year round. Maybe in the really really cold days put 5% petrol in, and to be honest I put 5% petrol in all year round on WVO.

I can tallk all day long on the subject but I dont need to. No tweaks as such needed other than the timing, and away you go.