Diesel Inlet manifold

I'm in need of a new inlet manifold and I have the option of buying a new one ( with great help from Aston Bodger )

However if one is cheap enough I wanted to try second hand.

My question is what other cars share the same inlet manifold as the 2007 diesel octavia vRS?

One of the scrap yards suggested a Passat which I told him I thought was incorrect and I'm more looking down the Leon FR route or such like??

Hi Tom,

Any luck finding a manifold yet?

Trev

None at all. Which is rather annoying considering the amount of cars there are in scrap yards. A few have sounded really hopeful and then they ask petrol or diesel. So seems to be plenty for petrols but none for diesels.

I've tried all the part places online too.

If it was a major problem then I'd order a new one tonight from your guys in Swindon however since the only problem it causes is a slight oil leak, I am against spending £400-500 this close to Xmas!

I will keep you updated however :)

Well I think if oil can get out, then air can get in if you know what I mean?, I did notice a big difference in the way it drove after I did the job, maybe cleaning the EGR helped too but there was a difference.

Still cheaper than a dealer!!!.

That's the trouble Xmas is creeping up on us!!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi mate was this letting oil leak out? Think I'm experiencing the same issue but the oil is making its way to the belt and its flicking it all over the engine bay and I've noticed where the shaft goes into the inlet it seems to have snapped and it isn't doing anything

Yes it was letting oil leak out. It is a very common fault and the newer manifolds are now made of metal instead of plastic.

The only fix is to buy a new one (£500) or play the lotto and buy second hand.

Part no. 03G129711AS

There is a good seller on eBay that sells these ( GermanAutoSpares ) or something similar.

It's a DIY job for replacement if your have basic mechanic skills.

Remove EGR then undo 10 bolts. Old manifold off and new one then 10 bolts back on and EGR refitted. Done.

Anything else feel free to ask :)

Nothing you can look for other than making sure the car it's come off hasn't gone signs of oil everywhere. Pot luck.

I bought second hand £200 and so far it's been golden :)

But it was off a Leon 07 plate which had done 100,000 miles. So it could re occur at any time.

Just have to hope. Although trying to find second hand ones are rather difficult :/

It's a mega pain but it feels great when you've done it and no more leaks.

With you being down the road feel free to pop down to me if you need a hand changing it.

I'm sure a garage would charge about £100 ( 2hrs labor £40p/h + vat ) so it's pointless when it's a very simple job.

Hey Trev mate!!! :)

Your guide you sent via email really helped me and I referred to it when changing my manifold.

I honestly couldn't tell you about the clip, probably plastic though coming from an 07 car.

However if the problem happens again I will buy brand new and stick it on credit card.

The thing is I'm toying with buying a petrol mk3 vRS in the near future so don't wanna spend loads on this current one.

I've spent nearly £500 in the last two weeks on h and r springs new front discs and pads and a damn battery and now this has really got me down lol

Same story as me,

Coilovers

Dpf delete

Stage 1 map

Grooved and dimpled discs all round

Then bam oil leak.

I left mine leaking for a good 4 months. It doesn't cause any negative effects as far as I'm aware other than the oil. So there's no rush.

Also I managed to clean the oil from the engine bay in about 5 mins fairly easy!

I don't know about you but my dip stick level barely changed, because the oil gets ejected out under pressure it looks worse than what it is.

So in reality your probably/hopefully only loosing literally a few drops.

Extremely easy to change - i think it's even on par with battery changing or maybe even screen wash top ups nearly lol.

Noticed a difference? That's an understatement, it felt like it had been remapped again even over the stage 1 I have.

The acceleration and low down power was amazing. Couldnt believe a part like that could make such a big difference.