Spare wheel well - will it take fully inflated wheel with 205/60/R16 tyre?

dieselV6

As in topic, has anyone tried to fit a 205/60/R16 wheel into the Superb's spare wheel well?

I know around 1999 Passat Sport used 205/60 tyres, and it would be an easy way to lenghten the gearing somewhat on a V6 TDI...as well as add extra comfort.

good question ...but i don't know if this will help but i have a 205/55/R16 tyres fitted on all 4 alloys and also the spare! I've even used the spare once at a time of need. 

Ride is still comfortable though its a 55 profile ..i like it ..

Yes, I also have a full 205/55/R16 spare, the question is if 21mm larger 205/60/R16 spare would still fit in the well.

I have just converted Roomster from 195/55/R15 to 195/60/R15 (and decent all weather tyres) and the change is very positive, much better comfort, plus Roomie crosses road and car park humps much better now. Speedo still underreads by 1km/h to 1mph.

I've got my winter 16/205/55's on the car now and the comfort is much better compared to the 17/225/45's.  I can only imagine how much nicer 60's would be (and probably look better under the arches too).  I guess though it is a declarable for insurance purposes as they aren't in the list of permitted tyre / wheel combos.