First remap Octavia VRS tfsi advice please

Ok so I'm a remap virgin never had any of my cars done this will be the first, I have been looking between APR, REVO & Shark I'm from Newcastle by the way so any other suggestions is appreciated. I'm looking for some advice basically i.e what jobs/mods should I do to the car before getting it mapped, what do I need to consider.. etc etc anything yous think I should know. 

Details on the car 2007 pre fl VRS 2.0TFSI nearly 53000miles on the clock it has EvoMs induction kit and 3" Milltek resonated system on (downpipe + sports cat) its also going in next month to be made non-resonated. that's it as far as I know everything else remains standard.

Thanks in advance.

I had mine remapped at broadly the same mileage but it was completely stock. The change was awesome and made me chuckle every time I gave it the beans!

In terms of mods to do before, for stage 1, I think no mods are needed but from what I've read, stage 2 usually involves changing the exhaust and induction. Personally, I'd try and see if the non-resonated exhaust will change the back-pressure and if it does, do the remap after it's changed. That way, the map can be tailored to the set-up you have.

Can't make any recommendations as to who to do it. Most on here swear by Shark. I used a local company here in Gloucester and the map was excellent (and only £175). I had no issues whatsoever but the chap who did it did contact me to check it was all OK a few weeks after it was done so have to assume that customer service was good!

cheers aye from what I've been reading stage 2 might be what I'm after.. after I get the exhaust done.. was trying to stay local and use either APR, or REVO been hearing a lot about SHARK but would mean traveling.. and if I have any problems its not like I could just nip along and see them.

Revo and APR would, I imagine, also do a great job. I wouldn't discount them simply because they're not Shark. For me, having it done locally would be important as you'd have someone to go back to if there was a problem. 

There may be a Shark dealer near you. In the end, they'll all do a great job.

• Like 1