Fun with VCDS

Had the good fortune last night to spend the evening with the South East crowd at their monthly West Meon meet. While I was there, fellow Briskoa member Black_Sheep was kind enough to hook up my Spaceback to his VCDS kit and do some tinkering.

We tried, and failed to get dial staging turned on, so he's going to do some more research and try again next time he's at the meet with his laptop.

Also tried, and failed to change the locking setup on the car (I want to be able to unlock the car fully with one press of the remote fob, not two). Again, more research required and another attempt to be made next time.

However, we did get two things done:

My comfort indicators now flash 5 times instead of 3 when you nudge the indicator stalk - a massive improvement.

My car now beeps when you lock and unlock it. The beep is quite modest and quiet, so should not be intrusive late at night etc. Obviously if it is I'll turn it off again.

Chris

I thought the same on the beeping - but did some more research and chatted to a few police friends and was advised that there's no legal issue, but excessively loud beeping could be viewed as a public nuisance offence. The Rapid beep is actually very quiet so should no be an issue (hopefully).

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.