S3 rear brakes.

smash

Hi

I have for sale a pair of s3 rear calipers, carriers and back plates, with all relevant carrier bolts. I am reliably informed these are from a 2008 s3.

They are finished in black and would need touching up on the paint front to be perfect but are more than usable as they are. You can reuse your original lines if fitting to a Mk2 Octavia vrs.

This sale does not include discs and pads.

Price is 175 collected ono. If you want them posted I will go see how much it would be. I am based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. I will post pics if people want?

Steve

Id like first dibs and request a couple of photos please. :) Just to confirm that the disks for this are 310mm vented ones?

310mm rears!!! have you got other plans in the pipe line Lee  :bandit:

310mm rears!!! have you got other plans in the pipe line Lee  :bandit:

They wouldn't be my first choice tbh, primarily due to weight, (especially as its unsprung weight) but should also balance ok with the front setup so that's ultimately what's most important. May need a proper refurb though from a 2008 car... :(

• Like 1

They wouldn't be my first choice tbh, primarily due to weight, (especially as its unsprung weight) but should also balance ok with the front setup so that's ultimately what's most important. May need a proper refurb though from a 2008 car... :(

Ive not had chance to try them on track but I've not felt any imbalance with the 312mm upfront, i think the rears are 282mm if I'm remembering right. 

Ive not had chance to try them on track but I've not felt any imbalance with the 312mm upfront, i think the rears are 282mm if I'm remembering right. 

282mm? You sure you're remembering rightly? That's a weird one then as I've seen the smallest 253mm rear disks on the Greenline's at dealers and they wouldn't put 288mm on the front and 282mm on the rear! Think that's wrong tbh.

282mm? You sure you're remembering rightly? That's a weird one then as I've seen the smallest 253mm rear disks on the Greenline's at dealers and they wouldn't put 288mm on the front and 282mm on the rear! Think that's wrong tbh.

My bad, just double checked, they are 272mm on the rear. 

My bad, just double checked, they are 272mm on the rear.

272mm disks is what the 1.8tsi gets as standard so even that seems big compared to 288mm fronts. Usually the 1.6 diesel versions get the same rear setup as the 1.2tsi due to the weight being very similar. Maybe they upped them on the FL compared to the 1.6's I've seen with 253mm disks. Interesting differences coming through with your FL compared to the pre FL's I'm more familiar with. :)

You could refurb these if you like? They are perfectly functional but paint wise may need a touch up. Or redoing depending how picky you are.

You could refurb these if you like? They are perfectly functional but paint wise may need a touch up. Or redoing depending how picky you are.

I should get a price for refurb at start of business this morning but its not just a paint refurb - internals/seals will need doing on seven year old calipers too. Thanks for the photos. :)