Car will not slow down any ideas?

Hi all hope some one can help here.

1.9tdi 130bhp Skoda superb 05 elegance.

Approx 1 week ago this issue started.

Car starts drives and idles fine however when rpm goes over 1500-2000rpm and I lft off the accelerator it begins to chug when trying to slow down and it won't slow down without clutching or braking, it's almost as if there is little surges of power it happens at all speeds and also when using cruise control. It accelerates as normal. I have been to local mechanic who put it on a diagnosis system but no faults showing.

Has anyone experienced anything like this or know wat it could be I would be very grateful of any help

Thanks Danny

• Like 1

Possibly a faulty accelerator pedal. The car uses the inputs from the brake, clutch and accelerator pedal for the cruise control. Also, I believe pressing the brake pedal overrides the throttle signal on these cars.

You could also be suffering with water ingress affecting the the accelerator pedal. If water has got into the ECU box or the plug/bung for the bonnet release cable isn't properly in place water can run down the cables into the pedal electrics.

If you can get the car on VCDS you can look at the live data from the pedal as you press and release the pedal, it might help diagnose an intermittent fault.

• Like 1

Thanks for this

i will have a look at the bungs for cable for the bonnet release to see if there is any evidence of water leaking into the driver footwell.

You say a faulty pedal would this still be the case as when i remove my foot from accelerator and begin to brake I can still feel the engine giving little 

power surges. I will post up any progress. 

Do you have any idea where the ECU is ?

Anyone else have this issue or any more info 

thanks

ECU is on the driver side bulkhead in engine bay, in a plastic tub.

Central convenience module (CCM) is passenger side foot well. This does lights, alarms, locks, mirrors, etc.

If you have an auto then the Transmission control module (TCM) is in the driver's footwell.