Misfire/stutter on my pd170

Hi

My octavia is a 2006 vrs pd170

I purchased it around 8 months ago, it began to stutter around 1500-2000rpm every once in a while. Now it has become much more regular. If accelerating slowly at low revs it seems to stutter and the whole car jerks, but if I put my foot down the car pulls perfectly. Reading through forums I thought it might be something to do with the egr valve. So last week I had it off and cleaned it, still do difference. Today my local garage put it on there diagnostic machine and it came back with no faults. 

I'm lost as to what it could be, only thing I can think to do next is give it to my local dealer and await a very costly visit.

If anyone has any idea your help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Have you checked all air/vacuum hoses for holes, cracks. Been told the e-cigs are good for this job. You get smoke to blow in the engine bay with no flame, to check for any air disturbance.

E-cigs haha would never of thought to use them, will try and have a look! Would that not cause a constant problem though? Not every now n then?

Thanks

E cigs!! Well that is well outside the box. Mine was doing the exact same thing when i first bought it. It was used as the sschool bus by his wife. The stereo sound settings were untouched all being on zero. So i don't think it seen the redline much. After 6 weeks in my hands it isnt stuttering now so try an Italian tune. But, when mine is regening it stutters a little bit.

I did clean the egr valve when I eventually got it off :-(

But if it's faulty/sticking it wouldn't have helped anyway!

Is there anyway I could tell if the dpf is regenerating?

I did clean the egr valve when I eventually got it off :-(

But if it's faulty/sticking it wouldn't have helped anyway!

Is there anyway I could tell if the dpf is regenerating?

Not sure if they're all the same but mine stutters a little before picking up and at tickover it runs at 1k rpm and is quite noisy at the tailpipes. It also runs the cooling fans. The reason i say they're not all the same is my mate has a mk5 golf gttdi and he's never once noticed his regenerating.

Spoke to someone that works at my local Skoda dealer and he also thinks the EGR will be the cause of my problems and reccomended I replaced it. Dealer wants £250 odd for a new one, best price I've got so far is £162! Is that about right for a new EGR? Anyone know anywhere cheaper?

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Scanned it today and got the error code P3138!! To do with the imrc? Have been looking through forums and google, but struggling to find an answer!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reading through more forums they seem to point towards the ASV/IMF ?

Anyone else think this and would it be worth trying to clean it first to see if that helps.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...