Fitting small sub under seat

I have been researching about getting a small enough subwoofer to go under the drivers seat. I have found one model that gets good reviews and a nice price. According to my measurements it should fit quite snug.

The product:

http://kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car/amp_spk/com/KSC-SW11/

since there is no spare tyre in the car a sub back there is a no go. And this is the smallest one i can find. The sound will be sufficient so i dont need any more watts.

But as i mentioned i have been searching and reading alot. Although there is a lot of threads on the subject no one really finishes them. Alot of speculations and no-nos. So my question in has anyone installed a small active sub under the seat on a similar car like mine?

How did you do it?

I found this installation guide on a VW forum a while ago when I was looking at upgrading my under seat sub....but I discovered that my speakers simply needed upgrading so when I have the monies I will.

Might be of help?

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28398

Dave

One of the main questions i have is about "step 1". Cable to battery...

What i have read is that you should not run it straight to the battery? this can cause malfunctions in the electric system. But is this a concern on my car (2012?)?

I went ahead and did it anyway....

The kenwood bass fits perfectly under the seat. With my lengt and the way i sit i cant see it since its all covered by the seat. You would have to be pretty tall to notice it.

For now it sound good and it will get better after a couple of hours played.

I made it invisible lifted the seat (4x "torx"). I made one mistake here so if you are going to remove the seat remember not to loosen the cable for the seat. The airbag warning is now on. Although it´s an easy fix it´s still annoying.

The package came with all wires needed to install including high-lvl -> low-lvl inputs. So i removed the bolero and connected it to the speaker outputs on the back. The problem i had was to get the "remote" cable to work and since the stereo has not 12+ ignition (that i found) i had to use the fuse panel on the drivers side (driver, left side). I connected it to a good spot that had 12+ ignition.

For power i used the cable that came with the bass and connected it to the fuse panel under the hood, it has some free slots on the front for connections.

Works like a charm.

Now i just have to replace the stock tweeters since they sound like crap!

post-110155-0-95577900-1436048286_thumb.jpg

post-110155-0-74466500-1436048294_thumb.jpg

• Like 1