VCDS Access South Yorkshire Area

Hey Guys

I was just wondering if anybody in the South Yorkshire area has access to genuine Ross Tech VCDS? (apologies if that's not the term, I'm new to this world)

I'm looking to see if I could get a few features added to my 2012 Monte Carlo. I'm very happy with the car but the following would really make me very very very happy. I'd be more than happy to financially compensate you for the time this may take.

I'm looking to see if I can get the following activated:

-Bluetooth (if I'm lucky enough to have the Amundsen+ with this built in)

-Single Click Unlock

-Australia as my country (So I can get big MPH Digital ont Maxidot)

-Alarm Chirp on Lock/UnLock

-Enable Passenger mirror dip on entering reverse

Also if I am indeed unfortunate to have a Amundsen+ without the Bluetooth built in, does anybody know which module I would need any instructions for retrofit? I found a great link one of the Mods wrote, but it doesn't really mention what I'd need to do if I have a MAC address of 00:00:00:00:00:00

Thanks in advance

DaltzSki

Skoda Noob

Do you have the tech edition of the monte? If so that's got the Amundsen+ which will have Bluetooth. I'm not sure what head unit comes in the standard monte.

As far as I know the mirror dip can't be done but I might be wrong.

Single click unlock is great, and for a bit of fun so is the needle sweep aka staging.

I activated the tear drop wiping at the front and increased the indicator from 3 flashes to 5 when you tap the indicator stalk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It won't enable Bluetooth but there is a smartphone app called Carista you can download (£15 for customisations) along with a wifi OBD2 dongle usually a fiver on eBay that can enable eg. Needle sweep, Teardrop wipe, beep on lock and unlock, MPH display on maxi dot, anti hijack on/off, One press to unlock all doors plus more, I've done mine 2011 vrs & 2013 Monte Carlo and also a 09 seat Leon FR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It won't enable Bluetooth but there is a smartphone app called Carista you can download (£15 for customisations) along with a wifi OBD2 dongle usually a fiver on eBay that can enable eg. Needle sweep, Teardrop wipe, beep on lock and unlock, MPH display on maxi dot, anti hijack on/off, One press to unlock all doors plus more, I've done mine 2011 vrs & 2013 Monte Carlo and also a 09 seat Leon FR

Have you a link to the Bluetooth obd adaptor?

I've bought 2 up to now off eBay and neither works!

Daz It's the wifi version not Bluetooth OBD 2 I'll check my eBay history for the product number and get back to you.

Edit item number 251377536747

• Like 1

Thank you one and all for your input thus far

I'm working all day today :/ thanks though, would have been great to go to

Do you have the tech edition of the monte? If so that's got the Amundsen+ which will have Bluetooth. I'm not sure what head unit comes in the standard monte.

As far as I know the mirror dip can't be done but I might be wrong.

Single click unlock is great, and for a bit of fun so is the needle sweep aka staging.

I activated the tear drop wiping at the front and increased the indicator from 3 flashes to 5 when you tap the indicator stalk.

I'm not sure if it's the Tech Edition. It wasn't advertised as it. However it's Amundsen+, I have the MDI port, but I don't have steering wheel controls so god knows lol. Tear drop sounds cool too, added to the list lol. I'd love the mirror dip, I've got parking sensors but it'd be useful just to make sure I don't ping the alloys when parking up to kerbs

Have you seen the needle sweep? That's a cool little feature you can add.

I hadn't until I just googled it. I need that in my life. Thanks

I really want the MPH display. I'm never going to go to Europe so KMH is useless for me lol. What is the Anti Hijack? I'm imaging chuck Norris jumping out of the glovebox... With regards the Bluetooth, I've no interest in speaking to people, I just want to be able to listen to Spotify without needing cables. I hate clutter so perhaps the Wifi Dongle would be a good way to go

Again thanks for the replies

Your local to me, and I have Carista.

I can try to set those features for you if you want to meet up.

I have just enabled a load of things on my Mk 2 Octavia VRS, and Im willing to see if it will work on yours :)

So if it's the Amundsen+ it should have the Bluetooth enabled as standard. Steering wheel controls aren't standard or required, the controls can be used on the right hand stalk. You should have a button on the front of the radio unit saying phone? I can't remember how to pair up a device but it is pretty simple. I will PM you the instructions buddy.

Your local to me, and I have Carista.

I can try to set those features for you if you want to meet up.

I have just enabled a load of things on my Mk 2 Octavia VRS, and Im willing to see if it will work on yours :)

That sounds fantastic dude. And what's your preferred method of payment? Cold cash or Beer tokens? Send me a PM and we can get something arranged. By the way, am I being silly? Is Carista the same as VCDS?

So if it's the Amundsen+ it should have the Bluetooth enabled as standard. Steering wheel controls aren't standard or required, the controls can be used on the right hand stalk. You should have a button on the front of the radio unit saying phone? I can't remember how to pair up a device but it is pretty simple. I will PM you the instructions buddy.

So I had a spare 10 minutes so I pulled my Amundsen+ out, it has no MAC address for Bluetooth. I may have the 9W7 Bluetooth Module hidden somewhere, but either way, options aren't in my Maxidot so they would need activating via VCDS.

By the way, am I being silly? Is Carista the same as VCDS?

@Damo. Turns out I am being silly. Ignore me lol. I did a bit of googling and I've ordered myself a OBD2 Wifi. We have a few VAG cars in our household so I think it'll be worth the investment to turn on some cool hidden features. Thanks for the offer though bro :)

@Damo. Turns out I am being silly. Ignore me lol. I did a bit of googling and I've ordered myself a OBD2 Wifi. We have a few VAG cars in our household so I think it'll be worth the investment to turn on some cool hidden features. Thanks for the offer though bro :)

No worries mate, and I wouldn't have charged a penny. Always happy to help out fellow Sheffield-ers :)

Would have been interested to see if Carista works on yours, as it does on mine. Tried a mk 3 Octavia yesterday and couldn't do anything with it. Would also have saved you spending on something that may or may not work how you want it to to.

Anyway, fingers crossed it works for you :)

Damo

Have you tried the steps I sent in the pm? Just in case it does work

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yeah I have. I don't have the options appear where they should be, I need to Retrofit a Bluetooh Module which shouldn't be too much of a headache by all accounts.

Thanks

DaltzSki

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry to dig up and old topic but it saves starting a new one.

I have Amundsen+ without bluetooth in my MK2 Fabia VRS, how easy can I get bluetooth, is it as simple as fitting a module and if so can anyone point me in the direction of which module to buy please?