VRS DSG clutch packs

How would I know if the clutch is on it's way out?

More recently the car seems more lazy changing into 4th and 6th, I'd describe it as more sluggish, almost like the gears are overlapping slightly. It's probably not as serious as my description sounds as the behaviour is literally a split second thing.

I've had no warning lights, no strange happenings with the gear indicator on the maxidot.

It's a 2012 CTHE with 23k miles on the clock, no DSG service campaign. Only mods are induction kit, BOV spacer and suspension.

Anyone able to shed some light?

Edited by SuperTurbo

It does not sound like an issue upcoming with the Clutch Packs.

Sounds more like the Mechatronic Control Unit.

If their records show that your DQ200 DSG left the factory with Mineral Oil in already, then they will say

you do not need a Software Update of the DSG,  and they will say there is no update for your Engines ECU either.

*Ask again on this, and be sure your DSG does not require the DSG Service Campaign, and that the engines Management does not have an update available.*

Have you had that BOV Spacer on for a while now,?

because they can cause the problem you are describing, Turbo Boost Pressure.

as can an intake / induction leak.

Also maybe time for a new ' Fuel Filter'. (Low Fuel Pressure.) 

As you say I think it's a case of goig to skoda and asking the question. I've only had the bov spacer on for about a month, I'm fully aware of the problems others have claimed these cause, I just found it odd as the behaviour I describe only appears to happen on the even numbered gears. If the spacer was to blame i would expect it to happen right through the range.

The car is booked in with my mechanic thursday for a few bits and bobs so il get him to remove the spacer and change the fuel filter to rule those things out. Although I'm sure low fuel pressure would throw up an error code? But still worth doing as the car is coming up for 3 years old now.

Edited by SuperTurbo

Is it a Forge BOV, & not a 'DV+' ?

I do not think it is a case of anyone claiming the BOV causing problems, they do actually cause issues and this is why people fit them, remove them and sell them.

The reason it does not happen right through the range is because of how a Twincharger Operates.

Supercharger to 2,400 RPM, Super & Turbo 2,400 - 3,500 rpm,  then Turbo.

& on demand Turbo / Super below 3,500 rpm. Under Load, and under harder acceleration mostly.

Like when you get a Mis-fire with a bad spark plug it is when you are boosting with Super / Turbo just below 3,500 rpm.

The BOV Spacer is messing up the boost, you are messing up the Engine Management as well, 

unless you have all working well, and mapped to suit.

It is worth just taking off the BOV Spacer and see if the DSG / Engine still behaves as it is doing now.

20 minutes work and you know if it is an issue.

PS 

Yes 'Low Fuel Pressure' does show as a Fault code, (on some cars), & getting more common on early CTHE now as they need a New Filter.

so best first to just remove the BOV.

Can you not do that yourself?

BOV Spacer,

different engine, just much the same to fit or remove.

Yeah it's the forge one.

Sorry I explained it incorrectly, I wasn't referring to the rev range, it was the fact that the behaviour only happens when it changes up to the even numbered gears 2, 4, 6. The odd numbered gears are as crisp as they ever were.

Il get the spacer off over the weekend to see if this cures it, the novelty had all but worn off anyway.