What towing mirrors do you use?

eribaMotters

I use a 10 year old pair of Milenco mirrors when towing the caravan. They have a pair of small clamps that grip around the edge of the door mirror and a strap that goes over the top. They are effective, but a tight fit under the mirror glass of the door mirror and I am afraid I might damage the glass. What do others use? How about the latest generation Milenco Aero?

Colin

Aero mirrors, they hold the Yeti mirrors tightly despite the clamps not being stepped,

(stepped clamps are an optional extra). Very little vibration, excellent!

The Yeti mirrors are pretty good as they are, but I preferred to spend money on extension

mirrors rather than be pulled over 'cause les flics want to check out caravanners and no

mirrors are a good excuse.

* Set your car mirrors to watch your caravan tyres, Aeros to watch the road, this gives a big gap

for the Aero clamps.

Edited by gumdrop

I used Milenco Aeros on my Yeti with great success .... in the meantime though I dropped one and replaced them with Grand Aeros, they do make a difference and the view they give is great.

I used Milenco Aeros on my Yeti with great success .... in the meantime though I dropped one and replaced them with Grand Aeros, they do make a difference and the view they give is great.

I did briefly consider the Grand, but as the van is only 2m wide I decided to go with the standard aero mirrors.

If anybody is interested the cheapest price I could find was Waudbys at £48.95 inc p&p. A storage bag is also included although the internet listing does not say so. http://www.waudbys.co.uk/products/details/19597.html?adid=10735&aditem=19599&dyadid=11095 Spare shoes/feet for the clamps are also available at £3.25 pr.

Colin