Rattle noise under acceleration

Mitch76

Hi there folks I've got a super 1.9tdi with 86 on the clock.All the belts rollers and tensioners have been changed about 12 months ago. I've only noticed this in the last couple of months. When accelerating from low speed about 12,000 to 15,000 revs I'm getting a noise like a bearing or something. It only dose it when the heater or air con is on and doesn't do it at all when it's off.Also doesn't do it when standing still and revving the engine.Only noticed it as I had the window open and was driving through a narrow Street and heard it,cant hear it with the window up.Any ideas? Or has anyone had the same problem.

Cheers

When accelerating from low speed about 12,000 to 15,000 revs 

Think we may have found the problem  :p  :giggle:

Sorry, can't be more helpful.

Odd that the heater being on or off has an effect.

Gaz

new to Skoda so opinion might be useless but could it be the fan bearing in the heater box, does the aircon/heater share the same fan?

My aircon / heater fan went at 70K miles - it started to make a bit of a rattle.  You could hear it with the engine stopped, mind.  Behind the glovebox, a bit of a faff to change as really the airbag needs to come out to do it properly.