NQSBBK (Porsche/Brembo) Mk2 Octavia £525. Calipers, brackets, discs + pads

j0hn

Folks, something has come up and as such I am offering my NQSBBK for sale.

It comprises a pair of VagBremTechnic caliper carriers (adaptors/brackets - call them what you will) and a pair of Brembo Porsche Boxster 986 calipers. These were refurbished in July with new Brembo seals and Hel bleed nipples and repainted in Porsche Lava Orange (GT3 colour) by Custom Calipers of Long Eaton. The finish is guaranteed for 2 years, which I suppose I'd have to deal with on your behalf.

There are a couple of paint chips on the rear, near where the lines go in, where I have put the retaining pins in after fitting pads. Fortunately you won't see these as that's the hub side.

You probably know about these, they are designed to run on the standard 312mm disc, with a standard Boxster pad. There is a small unswept area around the disc centre, which you can eradicate by using Cayman S pads that have been machined to make slightly thinner.

Included:

2x Calipers, refurbished in July 2015, refitted August Bank Holiday.

2x VagBremTechnic brackets and bolts. These are secured to the car with your existing carrier bolts.

2x pad retaining clips and pins.

2x Brembo high carbon discs, new as of August Bank Holiday and probably covered 1500 miles. I have painted the bells with satin black Hammerite. Not the best job, but it means they don't show any surface rust.

1 complete set of Brembo pads (made by Textar), new as of August Bank holiday and covered same mileage as discs.

1 brand new and unused pad wear sensor converted for VAG.

I want to keep the lines, but will supply a set of lines if it's a dealbreaker, although price is firm if that's the case.

I want £600 - you can collect from Leicester or book yourself a courier. They will be cleaned and wrapped for despatch.

You will pay between £200 and £250 for a ratty (but useable) set of calipers, a refurb will be in the region of £180 to £??? depending on who you use (on average about £225 just for the fronts), the carriers and lines are now £250 from VagBremTechnic (not to be confused with the cheaper steel versions), Brembo discs are about £70 each from GSF, the pads are about £50. If the calipers don't come with the pins and retaining clips, that's another £29. That's potentially the thick end of £950.

I already have some potential interest in these and will have a decision by the end of the month. They will be coming off the car in the next week to ten days, over which I expect to cover about 150 miles. If you're interested, drop me a line. I'm open to taking a non-refundable deposit, with the balance to be paid at the end of November.

Here are some pics:

19073872713_e756ce9fba_b.jpg

Untitled by John Alexander, on Flickr

19694378435_f04796697a_b.jpg

19508166039_ebc0835b7c_b.jpg

Edited by j0hn

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My future plans have cost me less than I had anticipated. With this in mind I'll reduce the price to £525 collected for Calipers and carriers, discs and pads (the discs have at least 20k miles left in them). This is a price based on you coming to collect from me in Leicester or sending a courier to collect them. I'm happy to provide weights and dimensions and the Calipers and carriers weigh less than 6 kg.

The discs are going to cost a fair bit to ship though.