Hi everyone ..... I have a 2000 1.3 mpi with a/c .... Iam trying to revive the a/c system and i want it to work electrically as factory spec ..... So any help with the wiring and the relay box in the bonnet and how the fans work with a/c on and off would be great ..... I dont know if my english was good or not ..... Thanks

It is not clear what is the present condition of A/C system on your car. Share more information, show some photos.

The relay box in the bonnet which contain 3 relays and 2 fuses has one relay taken off and the compressor is on the car but the clurch wire is not connected to anything and i dont know where to connect it ... Also the button which engages the clutch also seems not to work and the recirculation button seems stuck ..... What is the function of the resistor pack as the blower seems to continue working after i remove it .... Will try to post photos when i get to car

Thanks

. What is the function of the resistor pack as the blower seems to continue working after i remove it

The resistor pack serves for getting three intermediate speeds. Without it you get only the 4th speed which is the maximum speed of the blower.

Edited by RicardoM

Will try to fix the control buttons but a new problem arrised while trying to check the relays ...it seems i shorted some wires by mistake.... The car wont start with the second relay removed and it affected the throttle adaption which i needed to reset and it confuses the car and causes start problems .... Is the second relay connected to ecu or any sensor which could have caused damage to it ... It was fine before that...... Iam trying to grab a good camera to take photos as my phone camera is crappy ... Also iam asking what wires should i connect to make an external switch to engage the clutch if i failed to repair the orginal one

Rule #1 when working on electrical system: disconnect the battery.

If all fuses are good but the car still doesn't start or acts weird... I hate to tell you, and I hope that I am wrong, but it is possible you fried the computer.

As for the rest of the questions, I am against electrical improvisations.

The car now works well .... The problem is that relay number 2 which is the a/c control unit as the picture you uploaded seems now to be connected to the engine somehow ..... If the car is running and i removed it the engine shuts itself off ... And if i removed it the engine wont start untill it is installed again

Your information is very chaotic. You say that some parts are missing, that the compressor clutch is not connected and you don't know how to connect it (as if there are too many sockets on it) etc. From your description it looks like the A/C system has been vandalized and broken. Put some pictures to understand what is missing from the system. Do you have the wiring diagram of A/C? If I get you the diagram, do you know how to read it and fix the A/C? Do you have where to get the missing parts?

Yes the previous owner had broken the a/c system ... There are wires cut and other wires missing so i need the wiring diagram to help me return every thing to its state ....

There are two wires that go to ECU. Look at the diagram below. J361/T52 is the 52-pin connector at ECU.

• Pin 10 ECU goes to pin 6 of relay for radiator fan stage 1
  • Pin 18 ECU goes to pin 2 of A/C control unit

Here is the entire wiring for your Felicia. I hope you will use it wisely and restore the A/C system.

vDcA4Sv.jpg

• Like 2

One more thing. The A/C wiring might look scary at first look but it isn't. The most part of it should be already on the car. I would be more concerned about the tightness of the system. Go to an A/C workshop and check if it holds vacuum.

Thanks to you .... I fixed the a/c electric system and fixed the short in the circut which caused problems to the engine and installed the missing relays and fixed the wiring and made the missing sockets and connectors ... Everything now as it should .... I ordered the condenser and the filter and they should arrive in one or two days then i would check the tightness of the system after that

Another question ... What is the system of the fans ... What stage works first and what works with the a/c and what works without the a/c

The fan for the engine cooling systemm supplies the required air throughput the radiator and the condenser. To increase the cooling capacity, an enlarged Ø 280 mm fan is used. The fan has a larger cooling air baffle and two switching stages. The flow of air from the fan lowers the temperature of the coolant and the pressure of the refrigerant.

The fan works as follows:

• Fan is switched to stage 1 immediately when the A/C is turned on
  • Fan is switched to stage 1 during normal driving operation (no A/C) if the coolant temperature reaches 95 °C
  • Fan is switched to stage 2 during operation of the A/C when the refrigerant pressure reaches 16 bar or the coolant temperature reaches 103 °C
  • Fan is switched to stage 2 during normal driving operation (no A/C) if the coolant temperature reaches 103 °C
  • Like 1

Hi there I have a air con spec one ant this wireing is just what I have been after thanks

Click on Like This button on respective post. I hope that other members will find my work useful too. I only ask to click the Like This button instead of using silently the stuff I post. More Likes will make me continue, otherwise I will limit myself to short answers.