New tyres

weasley

I have just ordered some replacements for my much-loved Goodyear Vector 4Season tyres.  They have done over 45,000 miles over 3 winters and summers and have been flawless (aside from one picking up a screw a couple of weeks old!).  So I looked around and have found that Kwik-Fit are doing a promotion on the 2nd generation 4Seasons, which makes them around the same price as any online supplier and they do mobile fitting.  Not only that, but until Sunday they also have an additional offer for a House of Fraser gift card if you buy the 4Seasons online (£25 for 2 or 3 tyres and £50 for 4).

They are not cheap in 225/50R17 but if they match the current set I'll be more than happy.

• Like 1

I too have just replaced a set of 4 Goodyear Four Seasons 225/50/R17 with another set of 2nd generation. They wore well, were good in the wet and phenomenal on ice and snow (140 4x4).

My only comment about them is that they got noisy towards the end of their life, sounding a bit like a diff. whine. I paid 150€ each for the new ones, fitted, and got a 50€ kickback direct from Goodyear in France. How does that compare with your Kwikfit price?

The gen2 tyre has done pretty well in tests - http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/92866/goodyear-vector-4seasons-gen-2-tyre-review

I have the gen1 tyres fitted to SWMBO's i10, and need to replace the fronts soon. Still haven't decided whether to go for the gen2 or Nokian Weatherproofs (which are on my Yeti).

My only comment about them is that they got noisy towards the end of their life, sounding a bit like a diff. whine. I paid 150€ each for the new ones, fitted, and got a 50€ kickback direct from Goodyear in France. How does that compare with your Kwikfit price?

I never really noticed any extra noise, although it may be that I have just grown accustomed to it as it developed.  We'll see if the new ones make it quieter!  Price-wise, you're about the same as me - £124 each fitted, plus the £50 voucher back.