iPhone 7 & 7 Plus and BT car connection

Macdemon

Has anyone had any issued with the new iPhone 7 or 7 Plus in trying to connect to the car via BT??

I just CANNOT get the two to connect with each other at all.  :'(

Is the phone set to broadcast its ID??

I have heard a few reports of iThings not working properly with Wifi after the last IOS update; the theory was they werent releasing the auto generated IP correctly and the router ran out of fresh ones; not heard about BT issues though.

Hmmmmmm, I'm on 10.0.2 as well, but the car cannot see the phone when I search for 'new devices'. Weird.

Are you trying to find the phone from the car or the car from the phone.

The former you need to make your device visible (under Bluetooth settings on most phones), or if the latter it'll automatically sort visibility as the car is always visible.

The former you need to make your device visible (under Bluetooth settings on most phones), or if the latter it'll automatically sort visibility as the car is always visible.

Different phones can have slightly different BT settings, on my last two, one had "Make BT visible for "x" time", the other had that plus "Make BT visible all the time"; DONT use the latter, or if you have to, switch it off as soon as you can.

OOOO thats an idea.

I went into the garage this morning and searched for the car from the phone, and BING BONG.............................................SUCCESS :sun:  :sun:  :sun:

(why didn't I think of that before??   :dull: )

• Like 1