rolling sensation when braking?

hi all,

I'm sure something like this will have been posted before but I wasn't sure how to word it to search it out.

When I brake, there is a rolling sensation, as if one of the tyres is mounted slightly diagonally and isn't turning smoothly, or a bit like one of them is flat (none are). I recently had my wheels aligned and put the correct pressure in all the tyres 

i imagine it's a bent hub or something like a tight caliper, but feel free to correct me as to what it might be. As i said, i recently had my wheels aligned, and it drove much better after that, but they didn't flag anything up. It might be worth adding i have also fairly recently put new brake discs and pads on, in the last 2000 miles. 

I should add that this feeling definitely seems like it is coming from the front passenger side wheel, somehow. It's very hard to pin down

any help is much appreciated!

Not sure what you mean by rolling sensation?

Might be worth putting the car on brake testing rollers at an MOT station - that should flag up if there is any brake imbalance or if any of the calipers are sticking.

i only get it when I brake kentphil, and yeah Jamiep it does feel like that however as I said I fitted new discs earlier this year so I don't imagine it is the disc, unless i've radged it somehow.

I do occasionally do late-night booze delivery which can involve light kerb strikes and speedbumps. 

If it is only when you brake, it could well be a disc issue. Did you you "break in" the new discs and pads after you fitted them?.

If not it could just be pad material contamination on the disc surface as you have only done a couple of thousand miles on them.

Were the discs and pads a fairly well known brand, or were they just unbranded?.

It would still be worth checking your wheels and tyres for damage (or odd wear on the tyres, this could indicate a bulge). Wobbles caused by such damage can disappear at certain speeds.