Felicia mk2 Pacific 1.3 mpi: heater/blower unit.

I took the control panel out and detached the whole blower module, leaving the coolant pipes on. I had to fix the control cable as it had come off. Anyway, it seems very fiddly, putting it all back in.

What's the best way? Remove the coolant hoses, take the whole box out, connect all cables and electrics, then slide it back in? I'm not bothered about coolant loss as it's cheap enough to change. I don't see it being easy attaching the front controls and attaching everything in aitu; I think that will be virtually impossible. Thanks for any advice. I'd rather do it the right way than spend hours messing about doing it the wrong way.

I am not sure how much clearance in the engine bay there is on RHD Felicia but I usually do this:

• take out the heater matrix leaving the hoses attached
  • unplug electrical connectors in the dashboard
  • detach the control panel
  • unscrew 2 nuts holding the blower/heater housing to the firewall
  • take out the whole assembly from the engine side

You'll know what else you need to remove in the engine bay.

• Like 1

Oh yeah... the clips. They rust, they break. I tried once to duplicate one but I couldn't find the right spring steel. Your solution might not look pretty but it's effective. Let's hope the plastic will not crack.