Interior lights

A bit of help needed guys.

My wife is sure the interior lights used to come on when the ignition was switched off, rather than by opening the door. They no longer do. I can't find anything on the car's menus to select this.

Is she just mistaken and noticing it as the nights are darker (her previous car did this) or is there a setting?

Superb 3 sel exec with interior led option and KESY

According to the manual, it should turn on after turning off ignition ("key removed") if the door-auto switch is "on":
Automatic operation - switch 

The system is turned on when any of the following is present.

• The vehicle is unlocked.
  • One of the doors is opened.
  • The ignition key is removed.

The system is turned off when any of the following is present.

• The vehicle is locked.
  • The ignition is switched on.
  • About 30 seconds after all the doors have been closed.

The Superb Mk2 used to do this - when you took the key out the interior lights came on.

I have KESSY and it doesn't do anything with the interior lights when I switch off. Only when the doors are opened which is quite annoying and a feature i miss.

Thanks both.

Got the car last May so she hasn't noticed over the summer and then confused it with the Scirocco we replaced.

Other than that, the stupid rear wash and a few dashboard rattles (which drive me up the wall!), it's been a fantastic car for the motorway journeys we got it for. 20000 miles up.

i can confirm that on my non kessy car, once you turn the engine off and REMOVE the key, the full interior lights come on.

If you turn off and leave the key in the ignition the lights will not come on

Edited by RickTT
edit