CD won't eject

OK guys

So what do I do?

Treated myself to a new CD today. The Puppini Sisters. Great album. (If you are my age, that is).

Listened to it on the way home. Up to track 5.

Intending to listen to the remainder on the hi fi indoors, I pressed the eject button. Nothing. Audio switched back to the radio but no sign of the disc!

I tried thumping the dash but to no avail.

It's an '04 vRS with the standard Symphony unit.

Any advice gratefully received.

Larry

A ha! So it's not only my CD player that does that then? Sometimes mine refuses to play or eject and makes no discernable noise (normally you get a kind of squeaky/whistle before the CD starts playing), leading me to believe it's jammed. I've switched it on and off a lot along with belting the dash underneath the radio and so far that's cured it. Don't know for how much longer though.

I'm already on my second CD player as the first one also refused to play (error message kept appearing) and ate my Appetite for Destruction CD (which the dealer never replaced despite saying they would do).

I would like to know if anyone else is suffering with this rubbish standard radio.

Hmm..and there's me wanting to get a stock Skoda CD player to make the dash look factory! I think I'll buy that nice Blaupunkt I had my eye on in Halfords after all! Best of luck with your CD , I could lend you sone Duran Duran albums if you want! ;)

I had the very same problem. when I got home the other night. :mad: After many minutes of colourful language! I just stopped my engine. Locked the doors and opened them again. Started the engine and turned on the cd unit. The disc then came out first time. It has only ever done it the once, so I do not know if what I did helped? But it cant do any harm?

• 1 year later...

Yes this worked for me as I fouund out tonight, won't go into too much details but a burned disc was played in the car and managed to jame in the drive, after much swearing and foul mood I decided to come on here and find out if it was a problem and got the solution.

Think some flowers are in order me thinks for the upset I caused!