Skip to content

JohnMack

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JohnMack

  1. @MicMac Was looking for genuine part, get it from TPS today. Cheers for the link though.
  2. Stripped the panel from the tailgate and the panel from inside the boot today.......I put a noid light on the plug going to the actuator and bypassed the boot (micro) switch and low and behold the noid light lit up....so looks like the micro-switch has failed. Part no. is 1Z0 827 574C There's a new one on e-bay for about £35 but I'll order from my local TPS, might get it a wee bit cheaper ? I did loosen the rubber boot around the wiring between body and tailgate but all wires intact.....although the thicker white one had a crack in the insulation....ok for now though.
  3. Will give this a try, thanks. I'm thinking though it could be broken wires where the loom goes between boot and body.........but your idea sounds like an easier fix!
  4. Got a boot opening issue which is happening more and more often now. I try to open the boot, can hear the click of the micro-switch from the release button but not the noise from the actuator.......and the boot obviously doesn't open, Sometimes if being persistent it'll open. Anyone had similar fault, car is a 59 plate and has 210k under it's belt. Thanks in advance. John.
  5. I read that the problem could be wear on the mechanical linkage between the motor and the flap, after switching off the engine the motor cycles and because of the wear it (the motor)moves more than what it should......and so it brings on the EML when next started.
  6. Have I logged onto the wrong forum ?!
  7. My wife's VRS has the projector type headlights (NOT HID) with H7 type bulbs for dipped beam, up 'till now I've just used Quantum bulbs from TPS if one's needed replacing. BUT, I was contemplating LED bulbs...…….worth it yes/no? Could it potentially cause a problem with the control side of the lamps? And (the usual question!) will it let the light-check system think there's a bulb out?! Was thinking of these...…… https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/collections/headlight-led-bulbs/products/led-headlight-conversion-bulbs-h7-4600-lumen-philips-z-es-main-dipped-glb477 …..anyone??
  8. Going on from this... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/345966-vrs-diesel-need-to-know/ Picked this up today after looking around for a VRS estate for a few months now. It's a 2.0 CR diesel with slightly high miles I think, 116k. Drove 200 miles home no problem. Looking to get some mudflaps on it, not spats(if possible), can anyone advise some decent ones?? According to the service book the service interval is QG1/variable length ??.......whatever that is!! Anyway it appears to have been serviced every 18-20k at Mitchell Skoda in Chester. So.......what oil should I be putting in it when I change it? .....and those window deflector things, thinking of getting some, is there a certain make I should get that are good? Cheers, John.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.