Everything posted by MarioVrs
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I see...i didn't know that. Learnt something new everyday
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Are they like uprated plugs?
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I already do ๐ fitted it today and wow...map 1 what a difference... Will have it on dyno out of interest once exhaust arrives. Yes exhaust has been ordered 4th of March...just today i spoke to that company and it will get sent next week๐
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Not done anything to the car just yet but postman has brought something rather exciting๐ should be fitting in on weekend๐
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Given interior full detail, vinyl and leather treated with zymol conditioners, carbon and piano black trims waxed with zymol detail wax and alcantara wheel cleaned too
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Just seen it...very tempting...๐ but I'll resist for now...
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Right, i can gladly confirm that I've binned it all that crap...been out for a drive gave it good pushing and car drove like ****...so definitely lesson learnt...buy cheap buy twice. Had similar story with Ramair induction kit on my mk2 vrs....ended up selling it 2 weeks later. I know I'm probably hacked off now but I'm going to leave air intake/turbo inlets for time being. Waiting for cat back system from Germany and then jb4 that will be me...well i always say it๐
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
The intake hose pipe was MTC motorsport and turbo inlet unbranded but i have to say that next time i would pay bit more money as the fit of either of those items were ****. Intake hose was probably not even for this engine so i ended up cutting it and inlet elbow the bit where PCV pipe connects was about 1/4 mm too long for it to clip into place so ended up grinding it off๐ With regards to mudflaps I'm not too worried as i only use the superb in dry weather. Otherwise I'm using company car๐ But did think about some sort of PPF for lower parts....
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Haven't had a chance to try it properly but so far I've noticed deeper intake sound but not extremely noticeable and more responsive throttle...i would like to think that the car now pulls a bit more but that could also be down to summer tyres being on now as with winters on dry road there was quite a bit of resistance... Will report in few days time once i give it few beans๐
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
It's ordered and being made in Germany๐ can't wait...another 2-3 weeks
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Swapped my wheels from winter to summer set, also fitted turbo inlet pipe and intake hose๐ wheels have 15mm spacers all round... To me thats how they supposed to be from factory...
-
Downpipe for 280 question
Understand... Thank you...i will definitely need it๐ง
-
Downpipe for 280 question
Just to add to this...just spoke to guy from Friedrich i was asking him why the same system sounds so different from Superb to Arteon and he said because Superb has downpipe fitted and VW doesn't but both of their videos say that there is DP installed, when i questioned it he said he doesn't know so i politely asked him if he could try to find out from someone but certainly doesn't make good impression that they don't really know about product they selling...
-
Downpipe for 280 question
Which one do you mean mate? Fox? Or Friedrich? Or?....getting lost ๐
-
Downpipe for 280 question
I meant the Fox system that i wasn't sure about correct fitment. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193396754813 You are absolutely right about the different length of centre silencer pipe going to joint of y-pipe. Another difference whether relevant or not but i might be wrong is that on Friedrich system https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254379462706 The valve sits right after centre resonator where as on Fox system this seems to have valves on tail pipes same as superb's OEM set up. Spoke to Fox sales team and they confirmed that from few systems they sold nobody complained about vibrations or droning issues but i won't know until i try ๐
-
Downpipe for 280 question
Just one more question for you- going back to Fox system just noticed it is 70mm which equals to 2.75 diameter... Am i asking for trouble or would that work?
-
Downpipe for 280 question
Ok...that gives me something to work with. I know i may seem to have too many questions but trying to get it right without hearing the system fitted on Superb or possibility to visit proper fabricator is proving rather frustrating...
-
Downpipe for 280 question
Fair comment buddy... So basically as long as i find golf r estate valved system it should fit in theory๐ Is there a lot of fabrication needed in order to fit such system to superb? Obviously its a longer car but any more bending, welding or cutting needed?
-
Downpipe for 280 question
Ah ok would that be R 7 or 7.5 as long as its without GPF?
-
Downpipe for 280 question
I do like that sound of that a lot!!! I have found company called Rtec in St Albans however they just got back to me saying they don't ship to channel islands and need vehicle in their workshop๐ Just out of interest... Does Golf R estate or Leon cupra estate have valved exhausts?
-
Downpipe for 280 question
I appreciate it buddy but still...forums like this and people like you guys make all the difference. You are absolutely right about its sharp appearance. I had 2 Vrs octavias before and only got superb because there was no petrol vrs with 4x4 only diesel. Would you say that that golf R estate's system (without gpf) would fit ? That remus system for cupra...is that valved? What got me a bit hesitant is that i found a video of system that i want to order from Germany fitted to Arteon 280 and it sounds gash๐ท Listen to this compared to same system on Superb...last thing i would want is to end up with this monstrosity... The only difference is that in Arteon its flaps are automatic and open once revs go over 2700+
-
Downpipe for 280 question
Do you reckon the dsg farts are due to downpipe or res delete? The remus boxes you mention? You dont happen to have link to source no?๐
-
Downpipe for 280 question
I'm glad you joined in to the conversation.... I know you are one of the most knowledgeable people on here i just didn't want to pester you through private messages so thank you for that. So to put it into simplest way possible- I'm just after stage 1 tune or tuning box and more noise from exhaust, which i think is very tame for almost 300bhp car. I know there is an argument that but its a limo and it doesn't suit it etc but then i believe that's why there is L&K version. But that's just my opinion. Where i live isn't anyone who can fabricate custom exhaust to my liking, only one garage has rolling road and they only do JDM cars and aren't really interested in VAG stuff, and handful of garages do generic maps but for money they're asking i would rather go with JB4 box. So I'm just trying to figure out best bang for buck. I have approx 2k budget for cat back and map. Also don't want it to sound too cheap or too loud. I know that all of this is probably bit of a mission in my budget range. Only liked the idea of downpipe because it won't make the car much louder, dont really care if it gives me 5hp more or 50 or none if that makes sense....hard to please aren't I? ๐
-
Downpipe for 280 question
Oh really? Haven't noticed that...they are definitely the most helpful guys so far, even regarding my cat back they said give us few days and we will try to source it for you....not many places offer this kind of customer care anymore.