Skip to content

MarioVrs

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MarioVrs

  1. I see...i didn't know that. Learnt something new everyday
  2. Getting haldex, DSG box serviced, engine flushed and oil & filter changed
  3. I already do ๐Ÿ˜ fitted it today and wow...map 1 what a difference... Will have it on dyno out of interest once exhaust arrives. Yes exhaust has been ordered 4th of March...just today i spoke to that company and it will get sent next week๐Ÿ˜Ž
  4. Not done anything to the car just yet but postman has brought something rather exciting๐Ÿ˜ should be fitting in on weekend๐Ÿ˜‡
  5. Given interior full detail, vinyl and leather treated with zymol conditioners, carbon and piano black trims waxed with zymol detail wax and alcantara wheel cleaned too
  6. Just seen it...very tempting...๐Ÿ‘€ but I'll resist for now...
  7. Right, i can gladly confirm that I've binned it all that crap...been out for a drive gave it good pushing and car drove like ****...so definitely lesson learnt...buy cheap buy twice. Had similar story with Ramair induction kit on my mk2 vrs....ended up selling it 2 weeks later. I know I'm probably hacked off now but I'm going to leave air intake/turbo inlets for time being. Waiting for cat back system from Germany and then jb4 that will be me...well i always say it๐Ÿ˜‚
  8. The intake hose pipe was MTC motorsport and turbo inlet unbranded but i have to say that next time i would pay bit more money as the fit of either of those items were ****. Intake hose was probably not even for this engine so i ended up cutting it and inlet elbow the bit where PCV pipe connects was about 1/4 mm too long for it to clip into place so ended up grinding it off๐Ÿ™ˆ With regards to mudflaps I'm not too worried as i only use the superb in dry weather. Otherwise I'm using company car๐Ÿ˜ But did think about some sort of PPF for lower parts....
  9. Haven't had a chance to try it properly but so far I've noticed deeper intake sound but not extremely noticeable and more responsive throttle...i would like to think that the car now pulls a bit more but that could also be down to summer tyres being on now as with winters on dry road there was quite a bit of resistance... Will report in few days time once i give it few beans๐Ÿ˜‡
  10. It's ordered and being made in Germany๐Ÿ˜Ž can't wait...another 2-3 weeks
  11. Swapped my wheels from winter to summer set, also fitted turbo inlet pipe and intake hose๐Ÿ˜Ž wheels have 15mm spacers all round... To me thats how they supposed to be from factory...
  12. Understand... Thank you...i will definitely need it๐Ÿ”ง
  13. Just to add to this...just spoke to guy from Friedrich i was asking him why the same system sounds so different from Superb to Arteon and he said because Superb has downpipe fitted and VW doesn't but both of their videos say that there is DP installed, when i questioned it he said he doesn't know so i politely asked him if he could try to find out from someone but certainly doesn't make good impression that they don't really know about product they selling...
  14. Which one do you mean mate? Fox? Or Friedrich? Or?....getting lost ๐Ÿ˜‚
  15. I meant the Fox system that i wasn't sure about correct fitment. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193396754813 You are absolutely right about the different length of centre silencer pipe going to joint of y-pipe. Another difference whether relevant or not but i might be wrong is that on Friedrich system https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254379462706 The valve sits right after centre resonator where as on Fox system this seems to have valves on tail pipes same as superb's OEM set up. Spoke to Fox sales team and they confirmed that from few systems they sold nobody complained about vibrations or droning issues but i won't know until i try ๐Ÿ˜‘
  16. Just one more question for you- going back to Fox system just noticed it is 70mm which equals to 2.75 diameter... Am i asking for trouble or would that work?
  17. Ok...that gives me something to work with. I know i may seem to have too many questions but trying to get it right without hearing the system fitted on Superb or possibility to visit proper fabricator is proving rather frustrating...
  18. Fair comment buddy... So basically as long as i find golf r estate valved system it should fit in theory๐Ÿ‘€ Is there a lot of fabrication needed in order to fit such system to superb? Obviously its a longer car but any more bending, welding or cutting needed?
  19. Ah ok would that be R 7 or 7.5 as long as its without GPF?
  20. I do like that sound of that a lot!!! I have found company called Rtec in St Albans however they just got back to me saying they don't ship to channel islands and need vehicle in their workshop๐Ÿ˜” Just out of interest... Does Golf R estate or Leon cupra estate have valved exhausts?
  21. I appreciate it buddy but still...forums like this and people like you guys make all the difference. You are absolutely right about its sharp appearance. I had 2 Vrs octavias before and only got superb because there was no petrol vrs with 4x4 only diesel. Would you say that that golf R estate's system (without gpf) would fit ? That remus system for cupra...is that valved? What got me a bit hesitant is that i found a video of system that i want to order from Germany fitted to Arteon 280 and it sounds gash๐Ÿ˜ท Listen to this compared to same system on Superb...last thing i would want is to end up with this monstrosity... The only difference is that in Arteon its flaps are automatic and open once revs go over 2700+
  22. Do you reckon the dsg farts are due to downpipe or res delete? The remus boxes you mention? You dont happen to have link to source no?๐Ÿ˜‡
  23. I'm glad you joined in to the conversation.... I know you are one of the most knowledgeable people on here i just didn't want to pester you through private messages so thank you for that. So to put it into simplest way possible- I'm just after stage 1 tune or tuning box and more noise from exhaust, which i think is very tame for almost 300bhp car. I know there is an argument that but its a limo and it doesn't suit it etc but then i believe that's why there is L&K version. But that's just my opinion. Where i live isn't anyone who can fabricate custom exhaust to my liking, only one garage has rolling road and they only do JDM cars and aren't really interested in VAG stuff, and handful of garages do generic maps but for money they're asking i would rather go with JB4 box. So I'm just trying to figure out best bang for buck. I have approx 2k budget for cat back and map. Also don't want it to sound too cheap or too loud. I know that all of this is probably bit of a mission in my budget range. Only liked the idea of downpipe because it won't make the car much louder, dont really care if it gives me 5hp more or 50 or none if that makes sense....hard to please aren't I? ๐Ÿ˜€
  24. Oh really? Haven't noticed that...they are definitely the most helpful guys so far, even regarding my cat back they said give us few days and we will try to source it for you....not many places offer this kind of customer care anymore.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.