Everything posted by roaddetective
-
Octy VRS buying tips
Mine is a 2018 Octavia FL VRS TSI 230. My FL comes with just a standard diff. The 230 before the facelift came with the VAQ diff and I believe the 245 comes with it as well. The heated seats were great this morning, so bloomin cold outside.
-
Banging at the front when accelerating and hitting a pot hole.
I think you may be right with the dealers. The other strange thing is, my last car was another Octavia, that one was a 2011 MK2 FL TSI. I had that one mapped from 200bhp to 250bhp and never had this banging problem with that one when accelerating over an uneven surface. That is what is throwing me a bit.
-
Banging at the front when accelerating and hitting a pot hole.
I know it's very odd. Tyres are nearly new Mitchelin PS4S and the pressures are spot on. I think I will book it into Skoda for them to have a look.
-
Banging at the front when accelerating and hitting a pot hole.
So if I understand your post, you had the banging going over a ridge in the road, was that when you were accelerating hard as in my case? Going over ridges taking it steady is not a problem at all. If you were also getting this banging over ridges with the Powerflex insert fitted and I am getting it with a standard insert, there is no cure!
-
Banging at the front when accelerating and hitting a pot hole.
Hi banksie. Reading your post has got me thinking. Is the vibration at idle that bad it drove you mad, so to speak. The thing that has been a worry to me is the odd time it really bangs underneath when accelerating and hitting an uneven surface. It's like a sledge hammer hitting the chassis of the car. Feels like it's going to damage something. Should I put up with the odd bang, or put up with vibration at idle with the dogbone fitted?
-
Banging at the front when accelerating and hitting a pot hole.
Yes mate once fitted I will post which one I went for and how it effects the car. I also read a long series of posts on the subject and was leaning towards the yellow.
-
Banging at the front when accelerating and hitting a pot hole.
Hi Ads 230 I have just had the car up on the jack and can see no problems. Not even a weep from the shock. It does not sound like heatshield, or even exhaust hitting something noise. Too much of a solid bang. I am also at this moment looking at fitting the Dogbone mount, just deciding which one to use that will give the least vibration.
-
Banging at the front when accelerating and hitting a pot hole.
Thanks for this extra information. I have just read a few of the posts trying to get an accurate idea on whether to fit one, or not. Don't fancy any extra vibration, but don't like the odd time it bangs at the front. When it happens it feels like somebody is hitting the underneath of the car with a sledge hammer. Never get the bang when accelerating hard on most surfaces, even when I get the odd flash of the traction control light, it's just when the car hits a bad uneven surface it happens. Only happened 4 times in the last 3-4 months, so not too bad I guess.
-
Banging at the front when accelerating and hitting a pot hole.
Have heard about the dogbone insert, but got a little bit put off by the stories of vibration. As for the tyres, I have some great ones all round. Mitchelin PS4S, 235 /35/ 19.
-
Banging at the front when accelerating and hitting a pot hole.
Hi all Somebody must have had this problem in the past, so I thought I would pick a couple of your brains. It has really started to happen more since the remap, as the extra power seems to upset the car when accelerating and hitting a very rough surface. Get a pothole and there is sometimes a hard bang from the front of the car, usually on the near side. I think it's down to the average shock absorbers fitted to my Octavia VRS, details of car below. It just seems the shocks are either fully extending or compressing that is causing the bang. They can't manage the job they are meant to do. On my previous Octavia VRS, a 2011 fl model, I fitted Bilstein B8 shocks all round, which did a brilliant job of absorbing the bumps and uneven surfaces. Do I really need to spend on new better quality shocks for a car that has only done 20k miles? In normal driving you never get this problem, as the car is smooth and handles quite well.
-
Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!
-
New Exhaust
Not great that unexpected increase in price, but hopefully when you hear that new exhaust, it will fell worth it. Maybe you could ask them to try to get in touch with Tony, hopefully he will remember his quote to you, even might have written it down somewhere.
-
Does my car have a GPF?
On one of my previous topics a member asked whether my car has a GPF. That got me thinking, as a GPF can affect my intention to get a stage one remap. From a sticker in the engine bay on the left side engine mount, it states a built date of March 2018 and it was registered end of July. So do any well informed members know the answer to this question, or do I need to look underneath the car to find out? All details on my vehicle are as seen below.