Everything posted by PoloGaz
-
price increase
Skoda prices went up on 1st April. I had the same problem. My build also increased by about the same amount, taking it over £40k Edit - just read your post properly! The does seem a bit naughty for a car already built!
-
Who's Seen a Mk4?
Think the courtesy car I had was a 71 plate.
-
Test Drive new Fabia SE Comfort 1.0 TSi 95 PS
I had one as a courtesy car this week. Really liked it. Blown away by the fuel economy! Readout showed 66mpg for my trip from the dealers back home. Which is about double what I get from my Kodiaq
-
Tyre Pressure - How High Can (or Should) I Go?
Having run through a set of the factory kumho tyres after 25k miles on the front of mine, typically running them around 40 PSI, the tyres wore evenly across the tread. I didn’t rotate them front to back like I should have, so the original rears still have lots of tread, but after 3 years the rear tyres are perished (cracking on the tread) so I need to replace them anyway i have changed to Michelin primacy 4s which are meant to be good for economy, can’t say I’ve really noticed any difference so far, but I Certainly more grip than I had with the worn out Kumhos
-
Delivery times?
Got paperwork finalised on the car today. Dealer still telling me 40+ weeks for the SEL, 52+ weeks for the VRS keep you all posted!
-
83.6 MPG!
Hi yeah I’ve been looking at these tariffs I just hope there is something similar available when I get my IV as the rate was 5p per kWh until recently and who knows what will happen over the next few years with these ev friendly tariffs My main issue is the cost of running the petrol engine over the diesel. The 1.4 phev has been widely criticised for real world /flat battery mpg compared to the new mild hybrid 1.5 eTSI. Apparently VAG are going to replace the 1.4 with the 1.5 but it’ll probably get put in the new passat first (due next year) and filter down into the Skoda range over the next few years
-
83.6 MPG!
I saw a vid on YouTube when I was looking into the Octavia mk4, a guy did a reset of the mpg and then drove at constant 56mph and the readout averaged nearly 95mpg!. And still over 65mpg at 75mph he tests lots of cars this way and the only one that beats the Octavia is a Merc 180d honestly, why are we all being forced into petrols and petrol hybrids when these diesels are so efficient? Even with diesel at £2 a litre it looks like you can still run one of these at 10-11p a mile. Electric at 30p/kWh will cost about £4 to charge your octy phev for example, to do 30 miles, then you’ve got a petrol engine which can only get half to two thirds the mpg (if you’re lucky) when the battery runs out. For me the ideal combination would be a diesel phev, so you’ve got electric for those short journeys and an efficient Diesel engine for the motorway. Mercedes has made it work and id like to see VW have a go at it, I’m sure with some hybrid tech on there you could get one over 100mpg. Does the Octavia TDI have any mild hybrid features like the eTSI (such as costing with the engine off?)
-
To DSG or not DSG, that is the question
My wife had an Arona for a while with the 115bhp 1.0 TSI and dry clutch 7sp DSG. I have a kodiaq with the 1.5 TSI and 7sp wet clutch DSG. I much preferred the way the Arona drove and shifted gears. My only criticism was how short the gearing was as you were in 6th at 30 and 7th from 40mph so the car seemed to Rev pretty high on the motorway. Nothing crazy, say 3k rpm at about 70-75. I’ve driven 5 and 6 speed manual ibizas and fabias with the same /lower hp version of the 1.0 TSI engine and even a manual 1.0 TSI Ateca and the top gear in each of those was longer than it was on the DSG It was still good on fuel though, would easily do 50mpg on a run i enjoy manual cars but my last manual daily was a 1.4 TSI Leon 6sp manual and it had a surprisingly heavy clutch. I don’t miss having a manual daily one bit
-
Delivery times?
Ouch! Honestly not sure what to do - It looks like like most European manufacturers are in the same boat
-
Delivery times?
also been looking at the CLA shooting brake Phev - told that I couldn’t even order one. Also looked at the new C class estate, but only the top spec model could be ordered at a price of £55k. Was told it was a 6 month wait on one of them but they aren’t even officially launched yet. would consider a stock purchase for sure. my build as follows SEL IV Combi Graphite Grey winter pack (front seats) wireless charging travel assist dcc towbar pan roof leather seat upgrade i guess if it came down to it I could drop a few of those add-ons for a stock buy. I don’t think there is much available though?
-
Delivery times?
About to place my order next week for for an IV SEL Combi with a few extras. Dealer is saying at least 44 week wait
-
Delivery times?
Called my local dealer about trading in my kodaiq for a new octy iv. Wait time is currently 10 - 12 months according got them