Skip to content

nickytheshaft

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nickytheshaft

  1. It has nothing to do with the unit. The unit only communicates throught the canbus and doesn't write anything in the car. The guys remapping will in fact go trought the ODB port but with something more similar to a VAGCOM than a simple ODB reader. Your box may be faulty wich seller did you get your 4GB from?
  2. did you connect the white 4 pin connector straight to the head unit il the rigt place? youshould test the leads on th 5v wires to see if you have power on theme. Also check if they did not ivert live and ground. Alsi make sure that you have cables on the other side of the quadlock going into the car. I sold my unit so I can't show you pictures
  3. It should work, wagster has a rhd as uses the same cable. In fact he was the first to do it. Also you must move the whole harness from the glove box to where the screen is, between the 2 seats
  4. I thought about the permanent one but i don't want to drain my battery. The 70mai have an inbuilt battery to start recording if the car has a choc so I went with the rear wiper. I would stay away from the headlights, blowing a fuse on theme or shorting theme in any way will be more dangerous than a simple wiper.
  5. I have a 2014 vrs TSI and so Issues at all with start and stop. The cam stays on until I open the door, which shuts down all the electronic
  6. I personnaly use the rear wiper too. Turns the cam on and off with the car. I use a 70MAI
  7. Ha ha ha 1100€ for a head unit... Don't worry, I will let you know when it has arrived and is tested.
  8. Well after a weak of the tiny amundsen, I bit the bullet again and ordered another model of android head unit. Beware, it is not possible to come back to this tiny screen, GPS looks horrible, takes ages to load, doesn't have acurate traffic info, to find a DAB station, you have to go trough folders, each folder being a broadcast antenna then the staitons are in each folder.... call quality is to pnouch thought. Anyway, I figured that the call quality on the TS18 is bad because the microphone gain is too low and adding an external amp like I did only adds noise as it amplifies all that is comming from the cabin. Other units have a real microphone gaine adjustment. So, I went with this model https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005003182702197.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2fra&spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef5e5bZf82De the 3GB / 32GB model B that is supposs to let you use the stock cd player. It is a SDM450 processor: 8-core Cortex-A53 1.8Ghz processor. Qualcom rings great to my ears. And I hope I don't have these sticking parking sensors issues anymore. got it for 177 euros, sold the TS18 for 140 euros. A also went with a sound compresison and noise barrier board https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32951018431.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2fra&spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef5e5blbcfvY just in case. As I said, my amplifier board amplifies everything, this board is suppose to eliminaite certain frequencies and enhacnce voices. If the mic of the unit is still bad, I can go this route. So it is not shipped yet, I will get back once it is installed and tested.
  9. goodyear eagle asymetric 5 I have the 3's that I am going to change after 56000km. they are long llasting, comfortable, quiet, fuel efficient and great grip and don't break the bank.
  10. So the adventure is over for me. I just sold my unit (lost 100 euros but it is better than nothing). I was honest to the buyer why I was selling it. The bad phone quality and the parking sensors hanging on me was too annoying. I may give another unit a go. A 3GB / 32GB but that can use the cd player. I will let myself some time to think about it. To be honnest, putting the 5.8 amundsen back is quite shocking.
  11. Mine just kicked me out today, same thing, activation asked... I sent a message to the seller. Any luck on your side?
  12. I don't think so, I searched for one before asking the seller to send me one for 1$. If he doesn,t send one then you must make yours by splicing one of th usb to get the 5v and send it to the quadlock wagster did it.
  13. If it is the same as ours, then it is. You just need an internet connection and it will update OTA. Then you factory reset. look here
  14. Yes and I am afaid that theire is no workaround for call volume. Either the programmers do something about it in the software or you forget about using the phone. If you try a recording with microphone amplifier, you get goos clear loud sound. They have dug in deep the mic level control. Other units have accès to it via developper mode but not the T18
  15. Same here DAB works well with the car antenna, audio is good My only issues are - phone call quality is aither horrible (with amplifier) or clear but very low volume when using external mic - I get random reboots - the picture of the car when parking at times stays stuck for about 2 mn I can deal with these issues but the phone call quality is really disturbing me
  16. So I got my other amplifier board a d still the same, clear sound on stop but inaudible when driving. I will give the factory mic a last chance as I didn't try it with a voice mail, only with mic test and I had an awful buzzing. Thing thought, with the amplifier board, o have the same buzzing with mic test but the sound is clear trought Bluetooth when I leave myself a voice mail ( not driving). This being said, it seems the factory mic is amplified. So last test this week and of it is no good then bye bye unit and welcome back little mib1 Amundsen (at least it has dab lol)
  17. I wouldn,t go for ebilaen or ant t10, T18 units, I am disapointed with the android implementation. TTS is a hasle to get working if you want eh eunit to mute during gps navigation. I would go for a snapdragon version. I am looking to sell my unit and try another one An I just found ou that some units let you use the factory cd player
  18. oh, you went 1gb version!!!!! that thing must be as slow as hell!!!!! A friend has a 2gb version and it is already slow. the 4gb is fast and snappy. each seller has his specifications but the main differences will be cpu, tuner chip and wired or wireless android auto and carplay. they usuallly list the differences so I can,t say. Ebilaen had only 4gb 64gb version then staight to 2gb You should ask you seller or check the shop for info
  19. So the amplifier trick only works when not driving. When the car is motion, the sound gets so distorted that you can't make up what is said. I don't know if it is the lack of noise cancelling or if the usb port sends dirty power when the car revs highly. I will try to send power with a power bank to be sure. If it doesn't solve the issue, I think I will be done with this unit and sell it. As good as the rest is, not being able to use the phone is a big handicap for me. The worst part is that this low level mic is really software related as the app microphone amplifier lets you make clear loud recordings.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.