Skip to content

nickytheshaft

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nickytheshaft

  1. You are a life saver... You should make a fools guide with all the issues we have had
  2. Thanks for the offer, I will install the one I Found, if it is really 19.1 then I'll Keep the higher version
  3. I Found the latest software of the stock DAB app It is the HYX-C2-H3 here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1C62vkvr1gMD-neuTKKj-1IPQZ9zy8c4v?usp=sharing Latest version being 19.1
  4. For the frame, I took the whit clips out and it now slides in and holds In place . Here you can see the difference in size of the stock hole and the size or the clips
  5. Ok will do, I will try a second reset today as well. You can reset from the car settings menu but it asks for a PW. 123456 doesn't work so I went to the Android menu and reset From there
  6. I had FM radio issues, when the Unit would start, at times I had no radio, plus the saved radio station would change to the song that was playing. Also I couldn't add the google tts for Sygic, the setting is locked. In told myself that after fiddling with the unit, I would be better to take a fresh start. What a mistake, stock dab+ app is gone and the sides panel is dead. I got the light back on but when I enter the side panel menu for mapping, there is no reaction from the panel. The menu waits for an input but the panel doesn't register it. I guess I am good for an AliExpress dispute....
  7. I tried but it brings the radio volume up. Thinking of that, in the mix menu, you can the nav volume compared to the rest. I had both at equal volume. I should maybe set nav volume to max and the rest at half. I tried a factory reset today. Lost my side panels control and light lol, I must look into it to reconfigure them. Also lost the native dab+ app. It seems that it is installed after and not included in the rom.
  8. Wagster, when you use Sygic, how is the volume of the navigation? On mine it is sooooo low. I tried to install another tts but the tts setting on the unit is locked (settings-language....)
  9. Yes, but it is mind bending to get around all this. Although I wonder why there is such difference between the 2 firmwares. The old one was from November so not that old but sooooo bugged. Now things work as they should except the accès to the stock Bluetooth. I forgot to disable it. I will hook up the Stock unit, disable it and come back to the android On then it is useless... I don't see what it can be used for except bring a little more power to another device.
  10. Finally I did a system update then got MQB and now things seem to be in order It is an update of early December. Now install Sygic 😀
  11. Ok miss translation. In Frances we call them reverse radars (literal translation)
  12. So I set it to Skoda, golf7, Skoda 2017, my radar is just going crazy On the picture my car is backed against a wall (the wall is behind the car) and it just shows the 2 front side sensors. Most of the time it shows the sensors with all the green lines out without talking the distance of the obstacle in consideration. Then it stays on forever Wagster, you seem to have the same Unit as me. What settings did you put and how do your radars react? Also do you have the driving mode that pops on the screen when you press the button? It works for FUBAR with the golf 7 setting but nothing works for me.
  13. I changed mine when it died on me one day. Luckily I had a booster in my trunk. Changed it the same day. I had been changing it for a few months but it eventually gave up. Can you tell me which vehicle you set in the canbus? Octavia 2017 isn't working right. Simple Octavia the radar doesn't give me distances juste green lignes and the driving mode button doesn't pop up on the screen and the open doors are all wrong. Going to try golf 7 next
  14. Ok dab problem solved, one of the Split usb is not working... On the other it is ok. I will have to put my original Unit back as I didn't disconnect the stock Bluetooth.... So now the unit is operational, the one thing missing is how to get the drive function to pop up when I press the buttons . I know that it cycles around the modes as the light turns off when it reaches the normal mode. Also when I go in the settings, the correct mode is selected and I can manually change theme.
  15. I can't really say, I will check a usb stick with music to see if it works this afternoon. 9V!!! , your batterie is really dead. I put in a varta AGM a few months ago. It shows 12,8V car off and 14V when driving...
  16. I launched the stock app and it stayed surching for 10 minutes (the time I need to get to the rock climbing). By the way, on my way back I had the FM with my stop and start kicking in and out and it didn't cut the sound as you described. Staring and stopping didn't affect the FM.
  17. Yes it is, I finally sorted out the canbus issue. I didn't connect the second plug... My bad. Went for Octavia 2017. Now it works. Need to figure out the dab now. I will install dab z tomorrow and test again
  18. I guess I have bad karma, nothing is working, no steering wheels control, no radar showing up, no dab, only fm and GPS. I don't know if it is registering the canbus informations. Which settings did you put?
  19. Ok thanks. I just took my son to rock climbing. I will test as soon as I get out.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.