Skip to content

nickytheshaft

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nickytheshaft

  1. i was wondering, as he CD player will be useless, why not fit an extra storage in place. Something like this, it seems to be called a single din dash pocket. https://audiotechdirect.com/carav-11-035-single-din-fascia-panel-for-skoda-fabia-mk1/ https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005002736012321.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.72c224bcRb5SM6&algo_pvid=17562d93-a6b0-4e4a-9581-036c0928a98a&algo_exp_id=17562d93-a6b0-4e4a-9581-036c0928a98a-2&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000021916472731"}
  2. I am still waiting on my tools to remove the unit... I can't get it out yet...
  3. Ok mine is Amundsen mib1, cd player and 2 SD slots. It was not carplay ready. Maybe I have a more simple plug.
  4. Why would Skoda go that road?? I will let you know, my unit isn't shipped yet.. ordered one week ago. What year is your Octavia? Mine is a 2014 vrs
  5. Seller says it should work with the original cable and that I should contact him if I have any Issues. I guess I have to wait for my unit. Next episode...
  6. The seller is asking for a picture of how everything is wired and see with their engineer. Can you post on so that I can send it to him?
  7. I went for these ones. Cheap and 12 days delivery https://a.aliexpress.com/_uG7Fq6 Well if no one does it, I will let you know when I receive my device
  8. I would say just go with VARTA AGM. I fitted it after 7 years on the stock EFB battery. Had to recode the car to change the type.
  9. It seems to be the right cable if I believe what is described here € 1,75 24%OFF | FEELDO Car Radio Audio 4Pin Conector Changer Port Adapter for Volkswagen BORA Sagitar Magotan Touran Octavia USB Cable Transfer https://a.aliexpress.com/_vDo1cQ Yould you have a faulty cable?
  10. I wa thinking, can you plus that lead staigt to the usb port and not to the yellow connector? I mean disonnect the lead on the usb port and connect the unit directly to it.
  11. I sent a message to the seller to see what he has to say. I asked him about a workaround or part to be fitted.
  12. Mine was faulty when the car was new, just out of the dealer. I took it back and ironically, the dealer took a pen and pulled out the pins that where too bent and it started to work... check if the pins in the lighter are giving a good contact
  13. I haven't opened mine yet but would something like this fit? € 8,59 43%OFF | 12V Car Radio USB Switch Panel USB Cable Adapter Audio Device for Volkswagen Touran Passat for Skoda Octavia Fabia RCD510 RCD310 https://a.aliexpress.com/_uw06NU It seems that you can connect straight to the usb port if I believe this picture https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/usb-conn/5q0035726e/
  14. This is strange, usb is a simple +/- 5v and data.... I don't see why it won't work. And the installation vidéo says it works
  15. Thanks, so the canbus does work for other vehicles. And this one has the 206 so with the same model of canbus he will get the steering wheel control. Thanks
  16. Wow another problem solved... But it doesn't explain why... Could you check something for me? I was wondering in the canbus was Universal or only for vag cars. A buddy want's to install an Android in his 206. Can you tell me if you have Peugeot in the settings?
  17. It would be weird, for me a SIM is a SIM no matter what the contract is ... Sorry, I can't see what is wrong expept the network or the band of the SIM that may be different. There are some apps that tell you which bands are compatible with units.
  18. I haven't received mine so I can't tell. A dumb question, is the SIM card simlocked? Have you tried it in your phone to check and maybe unsimlock it?
  19. Have you measured the voltages at the sockets of the usb? You should be getting roughly 5V
  20. So using the USB dongle, I guess that you don't have a usb port in the glove box and only have the factory port available. Right?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.