Skip to content

nickytheshaft

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nickytheshaft

  1. I need your help... I can't find the canbus settings. Can you guide me? Thanks
  2. This is strange, your frame is bigger than mine. Mine is flush juste over the top if the unit. Either my frame is too small for my car, either your unit is smaller than mine... I must check this
  3. A question though. Once the unit is in place, how do you get it out? There is no space to insert the extraction tools and the clips are plastic
  4. Got my unit at last. 1 it has the mic input 2 it is lacking the usb power on the harness. I will try to install it on the we
  5. Yes perfect sens. Well I hope you get you quadlock soon. My unit is taking ages to get to France....
  6. WAGSTER, could you check if you have power on the factory usb port? The provides cable has 4 pins with Data / ground / 5v. If you have power on the pi,s of the factory usb (as it seems to be provided from the harness) , the solution may be just stripping the wires from the provided cable and connecting the ground and 5V to the data. The cable would then provide only data on the 4 pins leaving the power to be provided by the factory harness.
  7. Thanks, I tried add links, add picture... What do you choose to show the thumbnail?
  8. Same place as you. I removed the unit, the climate control but couldn't get my fingers deep enough to reach the plug https://postimg.cc/xX7t89KX
  9. I got my extraction keys today so I checked my MIB1 usb plug. Same punishment except that it is white. The 5v is also on another sockets. But how the hell did you get your fingers in there to unplug the usb port?
  10. I think I will go for the wired harness, use it as an extension then split the ones that need to be re routed
  11. You are on the right track. The schematic taken from the post you quoted shows the mic to be + on B1 and - on B7. Pinbelegung.png.d047a3536044173b603af9a6f714ffd8.jfif
  12. Oho 75£... A good refund. Ok with your job, you will be, indeed confortable rewiring every thing. Keep us in touch. I am interested by the Factory mic. I was thinking of getting a fakra to Jack and run it to the unit, but if you can get it from the iso connector, it would be great.
  13. It could work and could not... If the cable that connects to the yellow one is the same as the one it a previous post I posted, the 4 pins have data+5v+ground. As you said, the yellow cable only carries the data so you should test the leads on the adaptor to see if any of the 4 pins are connected to the power of the usb (I don't know if I am clear) If they are, you shoud cut the wires providing the 5v as it will be provided by the outside cables.
  14. I will also go back to stock when I sell mine (if the buyer wants to) but the extra storage could be useful as the glove box ils so tiny. Th one with a handle could be cool, when I take the unit out I will check how a pocket can be fixed.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.