Everything posted by freelunch
-
Any advice on buying a 2018 Sportline 2.0L 220 ?
I bought the dealer's demo with 1,700 miles on it. It's been a great car.
-
Any advice on buying a 2018 Sportline 2.0L 220 ?
220 is plenty, unless you absolutely need 4WD. I'd be more worried about two owners in two years.
-
Superb Sportline
You will learn to feather the brake when coming to a stop, which will negate the early "stop start". Just ease off the brake pedal a bit just before the S/S kicks in. I have had the DTUK pedal box on my car for four years. Works great, never had a problem. Left it in during warranty service, no one's ever mentioned it. I do let the insurance company know it is installed.
-
Sunroof NEW Superb
@dankatar The sunroof came on the demo Sportline that I bought four years ago. It has a sliding window shade that acts as additional sound insulation. I have not been aware of any noise coming from the roof. I have not had any leaks or problems of any sort. On the days when it's fair enough to open the sunroof, it's very pleasant up to about 40-50 mph. On other days, it's nice just to have the shade to let the sun in. I wouldn't have specified it myself, but I'm glad I have it.
-
acceleration pedal not were responsive 3V superb
Do a search for pedal box on this forum. You will find loads of information. I have the DTUK Pedal Box+, which is pretty much plug'n'play. It gets rid of the throttle pedal lag.
-
The Superb III Picture thread
Cool! Makes me wish I was 18 again.
-
Acoustic ping
Unfastened seat belts give me a ping, but always with a dash light.
-
Me thinks the skoda Configurator is having a bad day.....
You can have mine for £500K ! Bargain !
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
This is not the first time this phenomenon has been observed: they are zombie cars with zombie drivers and they seek you out to luxuriate in your radiance. On the bright side, in ten years time, you can park anywhere you want and other drivers will avoid you like the plague. (I didn't say Covid, because no one seems to give a **** about Covid.)
-
L&K Superb is an Awesome Car, but the Driver's Seat is Awful
It took quite a while before I found the seating position that suits me best. Then, I took advantage of the three memory buttons – I am the only driver. Each position is subtly different than the other two: more lumbar support, more seat tilt, seat back straighter... It helps me during a long trip to change the seating position a bit.
-
Superb Sportline
I like the red calipers, too. Otherwise, that looks great as it stands.
-
19-inch rim brands opinion
BBS, Wolfrace, Fox – check out rimstyle.com
-
Superb estate used - Go for 2.0 TSI 220PS or wait it out for 1.5 TSI?
Given wet or turning starts, my 220 used to spin on the Pirelli P7s, but does not on the Vredestein Quatrac 5s. @FamilyGuy81 The 220 is a great engine, if a few miles per gallon are not critical.
-
Superb Sportline - standard spec vs options
Some things you don't know you "need" until you've had them. I didn't know I needed an adjustable suspension. I didn't know I needed a rear view camera. Never needed one in the past. I bought a demo Sportline hatchback that came with an abundance of extras. The Canton stereo is very nice. I won't have a car again without a rear camera for parking – especially a car this long. The suspension is trick, but if I had a normal suspension I could change it to suit me. I mainly leave it on one setting, anyway. And I wait for it to go wrong after the warranty is expired. So, that would be any day now... Find a car you can afford in the colour you like. You can always fix it up later. (edit) Oh, yeah – the TSI 220 psi is a terrific engine, unless you absolutely need 4WD.
-
Decisions decisions...
I agree, that's a good looking car. If you want a suspension you can really throw around, maybe you need another car, like a used Mazda MX-5. Something you can throw around on a sunny day? You've probably spent the equivalent on "fixing up" your family car?
-
Is there a setting to make steering more direct and sporty?
Pump your tyres up!
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Picked up the Sportline after the four-year service and MOT. Face masks on the train ride to Croydon. Mask on to enter dealership. Log in with the NHS Covid app. Hand sanitiser at entrance. Follow the one-way system. Stand spaced out while we all wonder how long this is gonna take... Hand sanitiser at exit. Find car washed and hoovered. Nice. Sat in the car and thought I was going through the bottom! Mechanic must have been a very large man and did not reset the seat. Press button 1 to restore equilibrium. Must check tyre pressures tomorrow am – seems like he must have added a couple pounds of pressure all around. Car feels great. Not too bad, really. MOT passed. £39. (Since the last MOT, I put a whopping 1,913 miles on the car.) Major service = £329. Oil, air & pollen filters, spark plugs. Original battery tested: voltage measured, 12.24 V, 250 A (DIN); rated temperature, 360 A (DIN), 20°C (but I don't know what all that means). Don't know how long this battery will last, but car sits idle for a week, then fires up first crank after four years... So, all set for another year.
-
Deposit paid...2017 280
You can use Individual Mode on the DSG set up to adjust the way the ACC responds.