Everything posted by Luckypants
-
Surprise(?) Enyaq Facelift
I agree, although the design change seems to improve aerodynamics so range wil be slightly better on long drives. MEB has plenty of range in my experience so it might send folks towards the smaller battery version? I think a price rise is likely coming as the current model is close to the Elroq in price, so makes the Elroq look expensive. Although Elroq is also more expensive than EV-3 so maybe that will get a small price cut when the Expensive Car Tax comes in April?
-
England EV Charging points, a proposal. & location & news on new charging hubs in England & Wales.
PoGo Charge energised 13 new sites in December https://pogocharge.com/thirteen-new-ev-charging-sites-now-live/
-
Surprise(?) Enyaq Facelift
Didn't see this coming....
-
New or improved hubs announced, Government EV Loans in Scotland and free & no longer free public charging places..
Osprey expansion in Kirkcaldy
-
BEV Estates. There are only a few.
There were some corking deals on ID.7 back end of last year. I could get one to suit my profile for about £450pcm (an ID.4 was about £500) and wouldn't care about the VED as its part of the lease.
-
England EV Charging points, a proposal. & location & news on new charging hubs in England & Wales.
I've not posted in here for a while but that doesn't mean no new hubs have been added. Tebay north has had an extra 150kW charger for instance. Gridserve have expanded Exeter services....
-
the truth about electric cars
Be careful what you wish for. One way to do it is charge 20% VAT on home charging.
-
North Coast 500 in EV Vids. Or any information on chargers if you have any please.
Not NC500 specifically but useful nonetheless
- Elroq: Who else has ordered?
-
North Coast 500 in EV Vids. Or any information on chargers if you have any please.
doylum....
-
England EV Charging points, a proposal. & location & news on new charging hubs in England & Wales.
Gridserve opens at Rownhams services
-
England EV Charging points, a proposal. & location & news on new charging hubs in England & Wales.
New Be.EV hub in Alnwick
-
North Coast 500 in EV Vids. Or any information on chargers if you have any please.
Told you he's a doylum! Yet these are the idiots claiming the infrastructure isn't ready
-
England EV Charging points, a proposal. & location & news on new charging hubs in England & Wales.
GRIDSERVE have now expanded Lancaster South too
-
England EV Charging points, a proposal. & location & news on new charging hubs in England & Wales.
One I missed (I'm sure there are many more!) New Osprey hub in Barnstable 6x300kW plugs.
-
England EV Charging points, a proposal. & location & news on new charging hubs in England & Wales.
New Osprey hub opened at Ivybridge 8x300kW connections
-
North Coast 500 in EV Vids. Or any information on chargers if you have any please.
Yes, but if you watch his other videos he is a bit of a numpty. For example, on the way to Inverness he stopped for lunch but didn't charge "because it wasn't his planned charge stop". Set off and stopped to charge 40 minutes later..... I've lost patience with this particular vlogger after 3 videos. 🤷♂️ (I'll probably watch the rest of the NC500 videos though as I love the area and the BUZZ ) CPS chargers in remote locations are a bit of a PITA but I also think its well known they need an RFID card to get started. An Electroverse card will cover a lot of his issues if he don't want to get a CPS card.
-
England EV Charging points, a proposal. & location & news on new charging hubs in England & Wales.
Is that an entitled BMW driver I see parked in a charging bay with no cable connected to the car? 🙄
-
England EV Charging points, a proposal. & location & news on new charging hubs in England & Wales.
Makes quite a lot of sense. Loads of shoppers travel there from miles away (bus trips from North Wales even) and it's right next to the M60. I think the fact that the open to all Tesla chargers are busy and quite expensive by Tesla standards tells us it needs more. If the grid connection is there, crack on.
-
Trusted wheel alignment garage.
Useful to know. Thanks.
-
Trusted wheel alignment garage.
Can I ask why that is necessary? My layman's mind thinks that if the car is tracking straight, assistance systems should be in spec?
-
Car Park Fires, Transporters / Ships, any fires, any EV,s involved or not thread, were they the cause just there and so made fighting the fire harder.
I haven't seen it posted, so I'll stickin here. The official report into the Luton Airport Car Park fire. https://www.bedsfire.gov.uk/sites/default/files/2024-10/Significant Incident Report LLA Car Park 2 fire.pdf The significant sentence is "The fire originated in a privately owned car powered by a diesel fuelled internal combustion engine with the cause of fire determined to be accidental." I've stopped following this thread, just thought this was a significant outcome.
-
England EV Charging points, a proposal. & location & news on new charging hubs in England & Wales.
MFG have opened a 400kW facility in Farringdon
-
Very slow DC charging - Enyaq iV80
IIRC early Enyaq models had DC charging limited to 50kW. I think the ME30 update should have updated this to 130kW. Here's a link to the Skoda press release for the faster charging in December 2021. https://www.skoda.co.uk/news/details/enyaq-iv-models-to-add-upgraded-dc-fast-charging-as-standard
-
New or improved hubs announced, Government EV Loans in Scotland and free & no longer free public charging places..
The "Public chargepoint Regulations 2023" only apply to new chargers from the 24th November. Existing public chargepoints have another 12 months to meet the regulations. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-public-charge-point-regulations-2023-guidance/public-charge-point-regulations-2023-guidance