Skip to content

MeteorOcty

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MeteorOcty

  1. Depends how long you're looking to keep it. At 5 years old independents are defo an option but there are still people that will put main dealer history first when buying.
  2. Because unless they have the 'towbar prep' from factory, skoda starting putting zero towing capacity on the factory certification plate which means there is no point fitting an aftermarket towbar.....
  3. Gap Insurance? My policy will give me the list price of a replacement car if written off....
  4. Pretty shocked at that, I thought they'd come with zero on the plate for a good few years now?
  5. Are all towbars not electric? I didnt think factory ones were ever detachable?
  6. I have a brand new VRS with the variable boot floor and it the same. I was also wondering what the 'W' shapes were for!
  7. My personal experience with my mk3 diesel that all of this running at a certain speed, certain revs etc is not nessasary. Yes, it would take longer but would just raise the idle speed a bit and would do it sitting on the driveway happily.
  8. Sadly said goodbye to my mk4 vrs estate in black last weekend. Exactly 3 years old, 28k miles - a great car (apart from the Bridgestone tyres!) If anyone is after a good mk4 with pan roof, winter pack and complete Skoda service history, they have it for sale at Winchester Skoda and Ryan is your man. Took delivery of a brand new stock vrs estate in Smokey Silver. Tow bar, winter pack, pan roof, dcc, canton and simply clever pack. Early thoughts are they it sounds so much nicer on the exhaust note and the dcc is amazing. The Goodyear Eagle Supersport tyres - wow! The dash and door trims however are dissapointing. They've replaced the alcantara for some cheap material. The carbon fibre look on the dash is now a much cheaper textured plastic. They no longer provide covers for the isofix points in the back either. Just a few small things but sometimes these matter. Other than that, very impressed. Took the warranty up to 5 years so intend to keep this one!
  9. Check the V5 as that maybe showing as TSI instead of TDI. Best to get it changed and it will then filter through all the other systems
  10. There was a big issue in 2023 where Skoda labelled a huge batch of vehicles as TDI (diesel) that were in fact TSI (petrol)..mine was one of them. Some TDI's were also coming up as TSI. All other details, inc engine size were correct. I got a letter from the main dealer I bought it from and sent an explanation to DVLA and it was changed with no issues. Although the fuel type of petrol was correct on the dvla site, It did make getting insurance a little problematic for a year or 2 as they were all showing it as diesel.
  11. Fuyao are decent and used by some manufacturers from factory. I always request genuine manufacturers screens when getting replacements to ensure no issues. They sometime take a bit longer to get hold of but I'd rather that- especially with the heated ones
  12. Correct about the screen, no wires...although I dont find its as rapid to defrost as my Mk3 wired one was 2023 Mk 4 vrs estate - 24k miles, zero issues. Infotainment updates itself but never had an issue with any version
  13. Sunroof drain pipe? Air con water extraction pipe? Just a couple of things - genuine reasons you can find water under the car
  14. Have you had the car since new? If you have had it since new you must be changing the oil every 2 months if doing 45k in 18 months? This does seen ridiculous for a diesel.... I guess you need to get it booked into another dealer when they have a loan car available and leave it there until its all sorted. Sounds like they are all warranty issues?
  15. Defo had this on my 2014 Octavia VRS - I think that had the Xenon headlights (defo not LED). From what I recall there was a setting in the infotainment to set it to automatic.
  16. I went from a 2014 diesel VRS DSG estate to a 2023 petrol VRS DSG estate. The fuel economy obviously isn't as good but still get 50mpg on a motorway run. Difference is night and day, the petrol is so smooth - defo the right choice and would never go back.
  17. I had the same dilemma. I don't lease, but that aside, thought it was worth doing to ensure there was no issue if any warranty situation with those components occurred
  18. Thanks for the replies. I'll be constantly in and out of it so the Faraday has been ordered. Easier option that disabling each time!
  19. So I'm off to Silverstone for the F1 Thursday. We are camping so clearly I'll be next to the car with the key in my pocket for at least 4 days without starting the engine. How do I stop it 'waking up' everything I go near it? Thanks!
  20. Is the full service schedule available anywhere? Doesn't appear to be as forthcoming and the prices don't seem to be as transparent as they were a few years ago when I had the mk3
  21. Thanks all. I'll probably do the brake fluid and diff oil and leave the air con for now. I want to ensure there are no 'get out' clauses with the 3rd year of warranty. I don't normal do brake fluid until at least year 3 but will probably just be a little cautious this time.
  22. Another vote for car shades, had them for 8 years on my mk3!
  23. Just been told at the 2 year service I should also have the air con service, brake fluid change and front diff oil change! I know it's personal preference but seems excessive at 20k miles? Car is 2023 petrol vrs dsg
  24. From my experience they use the proper holes\screws on the back but use self tappers on the plastic front bumper
  25. Has it not auto updated to version 1985 yet? I was on the same versions as you and it did it automatically...

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.