Everything posted by MeteorOcty
-
Cold weather issues
My mk3 had the wires (very faint), the mk4 has an inbuilt film. Part of the package that includes the heated steering wheel. You can actually see the different colour of the screen compared to those that don't have it. The virtual button still has the same icon as previous.
-
Steering vibration turning at low speed - 2021 VRS
Might be completely off the mark but mine does that this time of year when turning out of my drive - it appears to be just because of the leaves on the drive!
-
'Take over steering' message
Yep, exactly this. Nothing wrong (or to do with) Lane position, it just can't sense any pressure on the wheel - really annoying!
-
'Take over steering' message
Anyone else getting this message when using adaptive cruise? It's so annoying flashing a red message and bonging noise. I have hold of the steering wheel but obviously not strong enough. It appears to be far worse since I had it serviced in June Car is 2023 vrs petrol dsg
-
Headlight warning
Had this error last night. No issue with lights then disappeared on next startup. Strange!
-
Mirror USB charging socket
This was far too short for me too. I found a 50cm on ebay which is nice and tidy
-
Mirror USB charging socket
Without removing the panel and securing the cable properly are you sure it won't interfere with the airbag?
-
Locking\Alarm 'chirp'
Is there the option to turn on an audible tone in addition to the confirmation of the lights? Had it on my mk3 vrs but can't find any option on my mk4 vrs. Cheers
-
Mirror USB charging socket
Cheers for all the relies, I have a Nextbase 622 so will probs get the cable spcdust recommends. Thanks again, Adam
-
Mirror USB charging socket
That's great thanks for the info. Problem is, on a RHD UK car you would normally have the dashcam on the passenger side
-
Mirror USB charging socket
Hi, fingers crossed I'll be picking up a 2023 VRS TSI estate next week. I have a dashcam and intend to use the socket on the mirror......although it appears to be setup for the LHD market as its on the drivers side. What cable do you use? Is there small one available and is the socket permanently powered to allow the camera to be used with parking mode? Thanks
-
Tell me it's gonna be OK - Car reversed into
I always choose where my car goes. Its always a Skoda approved repairer not a generic 'fixer of all'. A list is available on the Skoda website. The insurance company will want a quote from them first but shouldn't be an issue. This will also give you assurance the car will be repaired.
-
What to do about gouges on right side skirt?
I had a similar issue, it's really not that hard to do, appears to be quite soft metal. From what I understand, proper repair is quite significant as it involves welding sticks on and pulling the dent out from the front, a little filler, paint chip texture stuff then the colour. I guess the bodge would just be to fill and spray From memory, wasn't far off a grand at a Skoda approved bodyshop - that was some time ago.
-
Suspension noise 2018 Octavia
I had the same. Dealer greased the bush with the 'special' grease which had to be ordered in but has since been fine. https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/456544-creaking-subframe-thoughts/?do=findComment&comment=531934 See post by jordy_wd Nov 2019
-
Help
The insersion of the new battery could have caused a blown fuse which would produce errors. I'm not sure if all these circuits are connected to the same fuse? Just something to check, I always start with the basics...
-
Battery SOC Issue - Grateful for any advice
Not nessasarily, they did that with mine, plugged a gadget into the diag port - this just gave the car some power to keep settings whilst the battery was disconnected. Made a right mess of it and then drove off. Blew the fuse to the port which turns out is the same fuse as the light switch - took me ages to work out. Had to take it to Halfords Autocentre to get new battery coded.
-
Octavia RS TDI noise
It is a strange one but when there is pressure on the pulleys the noise goes, it's when it's idling (air con off) it causes the noise.
-
Octavia RS TDI noise
Sounds similar to mine a couple of years ago. New air con compressor solved it. Price isn't too bad on Eurocarparts. 2014 Diesel VRS with 75k
-
My 2017 meteor grey 4x4 dsg tdi estate
Nice! Lowered?
-
2014 CUPA 184 TDI Oil Consumption
I've the same engine on 86k and use about 0.5l per 6k miles. Dpf has defo started to regen more. Looked at my last invoices from Skoda main dealer, looks like they were putting 5w30 in until the last service when it appears to have changed to 0w30!?
-
Creaking from front suspension/steering
- Brake squeak at low speeds - Advice welcome.
I've had the same issue for years and just put up with it. Sadly I don't go through brakes very fast so the pads haven't been out. As others have said, it's likely to be a really simple fix if it really bothers you.- my new damaged scala monte cat n , just gone for repair , only panel damage
Wow £1900!? Cost me £800 to get my Octavia side resprayed when it was keyed.....and that was getting it done on the cheap. It also had just a new rear bumper a year later and I think that was £700.- Sun blinds for MK3 Octavia Hatchback?
+1 for Car Shades. Had them 4 years and not experienced any fading - I guess it could have helped that my car also has sunset glass? Daughter can see out fine and no issues with visibility (also got them on the back screen). Fantastic for security.- Skoda octavia mk3 2017 replacement screenwash bottle
You suggested disconnecting as it was just headlight washers.....this would fail the MOT.... - Brake squeak at low speeds - Advice welcome.
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.