Everything posted by Crucian
-
the truth about electric cars
-
the truth about electric cars
There are 5 high speed dual charging station at a small retail park around the corner to us, they worked for approx. 2 days after opening before being covered over as "unavailable", 5 weeks on the covers slashed and leads had been cut off, been like that now for 6 months. It's no wonder me getting an EV is receding in my mind. I believe the infrastructure supplying the retail units was underrated for the chargers in the first place, excellent planning
-
Mpg????
I drive both my cars without consideration for MPG ( fabia returns circa 35 mpg, Golf returns circa 25 mpg) but I enjoy every mile (don't commute or do over 5k per year) rely on fuel calcs in the cars
-
Start stop system
Has someone in the past fitted a "stop start defeat device" ? that tricks the ecu into seeing a lower voltage that inhibits stop start ?
-
Fabia MK2 front door harness AGAIN...
1 wire failure and 4 waiting to happen (as well as those we cant see under the wire insulation) New harness replacement is now £190 🙄
-
Fabia MK2 front door harness AGAIN...
Symptom, Upon locking the car I got a double pulse, from past experience I diagnoses the infamous flexible bit of the harness (pass side front door wasn't locking), poor design (should have used more flexible wires but that would have added £1 to manufacturing costs) I replaced the D/S 3 years ago and bought 2 harnesses at the time so had a spare in the loft, now fitted and all good. I'm going to repair the removed one as a spare
-
Fabia DQ200 fluids
Both mechatronic and gearbox fluids changed today, old fluids slightly dark but no contaminants 🙂
-
Rattle going over uneven surfaces
Fitted carriers and OEM pads today and rattle has gone 🙂
- Hi everyone,
-
Rattle going over uneven surfaces
I'm assuming there has to be some "gap" so the pads slide and don't seize ?
-
Rattle going over uneven surfaces
-
Rattle going over uneven surfaces
Will I be able to refurbish the worn carriers, (a bit of weld and refinish) ?
-
Rattle going over uneven surfaces
I have a rattle as stated above, we diagnosed it today as front brake pads rattling in the carriers. 2014 Fabia vrs, proving very difficult to source oem correct new carriers in red, I have ordered some from Autodoc and will paint them before we fit them It initially sounded like exhaust contacting chassis or loose subframe fasteners
-
Fabia DQ200 fluids
Consumables ordered along with drain plugs and appropriate tubing
-
Fabia DQ200 fluids
Fantastic thanks Comprehensive reply 🙂
-
Fabia DQ200 fluids
Changing my Fabia DQ200 fluids next month, any hints or tips ?
-
super717
Changing my Fabia DQ200 fluids next month, any hints or tips ?
-
Keyless start question
Yes fob battery life is greatly shortened (I change mine annually when MOT is done) important to change spare fob battery too and use it approx. once every 3 months (to re sync with the cars rolling codes)
- Fabia VRS Exhuast
-
Back after a long time away
Welcome back 👍
-
Air condition sanitisers ?
@StevesTruck Yes pollen filter changed every 2 years
-
Air condition sanitisers ?
I use an Air con sanitiser bomb when required (odours from the system) What are members go to sanitisers ? I'm trying to find the most effective one/s
-
Coolant hose problem
No links just images I have on my PC for them and Tracked my last image down where I sourced it 3C0121073AA | search for Škoda spare parts
-
Coolant hose problem
-
Coolant hose problem