Everything posted by DaveLees
-
Kamiq Fuel Economy
Just as a bit of a comparison, I have a 1.0 Karoq SE manual, and keep a check on fuel using fuelly. Over the last 6608 mile I have these figures. Basic Stats 47.6(0.0) Avg UK MPG 47.1(-4.9) Last UK MPG 52.0(15/06/2022) Best UK MPG
-
Brake lights staying on in stop/start
Thanks for the replies. I've now reverted to applying the handbrake when stationary, like I used to do before this electronic handbrake appeared.....
-
Brake lights staying on in stop/start
I am aware that I have Auto Hold enabled, but I wasn't aware that the brake lights stay illuminated! You learn something everyday 🙂
-
Brake lights staying on in stop/start
I've just noticed last night that my brake lights stay illuminated when stationary in stop/start mode (without my foot being on the brake pedal). Is this normal, and if so, why have I only just noticed it!!!? I find it annoying to be sat behind a car when stationary with its brake lights illuminated, and now my car is doing the same thing 🤔
-
New car and a few problems.
It's useful to try to get a photo/video of the warning lights flashing if something like this happens. It's easier than trying to explain things to the garage. Hope you get the issues sorted soon.
-
My Skoda stopped working
I had the same problem over the weekend, but it seems to be working okay this morning. It may have been down for an update, or just ' technical reasons 🤔 '.
-
First problem after 2 days. USB C.
When I purchased our Karoq the garage offered to hard wire my front and rear Nextbase dash cams when they saw that I had them in our Fabia. This was offered after we had agreed a purchase price. They made a really tidy job of doing it.
-
Kamiq/Fabia opinions?
Have you considered the Karoq. We have had several Yetis, then went to Octavia and Fabia but found them a bit low. We did test drives of both Kamiq and Karoq and decided to go for the Karoq. It's only the 110bhp SE but it seems fine for what we need.
-
Parts For Sale: Fabia mk3 floor and boot mats
View Advert Fabia mk3 floor and boot mats Set of 4 genuine floor mats, and one rubber boot mat for fabia mk3. Genuine Skoda parts and in good condition. Selling as I no longer have the fabia. Collection only. Advertiser DaveLees Date 30/09/21 Price £40 Category Parts for Sale Shipping Estimate £0
-
Karoq just purchased
Thanks for the advice as to when to use full and dipped beam, however having been driving for 40+ years, and being a class 1 advanced driver I was aware of it ;-). And no, I haven't driven since the bulbs were fitted, but I will bear in mind your comments re the alignment.
-
Karoq just purchased
I agree that LEDs are better, but it was bought from stock so I didn't have any choice. Perhaps I should have said better headlights....
-
Karoq just purchased
It's the 110 SE with halogen headlights. We live out in the countryside, so I like to have good headlights, I found the ones fitted to the cartoon be lacking on dipped beam.
-
Karoq just purchased
After having had 3 Yetis and an Octavia, and my wife having a Citigo then Fabia, my wife decided that she missed the height in a Yeti. So, last Saturday we went to Pulman, Cramlington (was Sidbury) where Sean had a Kamiq and Karoq ready for us to take for test drives. Pulman had a Karoq that arrived the previous day which was the spec that we wanted. Fortunately the second hand market is strong at the moment, so we got a good deal against the Karoq. We picked the new Karoq up on Thursday and love it. The deal included mats, front and rear dash cams being hardwired, and new headlight bulbs fitted. Overall it was excellent service:-)
-
Fabia mk4 launch 6pm today (4th May) with launch details
It will be interesting to see what the prices are, and what deals/incentives will be offered.
-
Interior condensation
Thanks for that e-Roottoot, both front doors get used, although the back ones hardly ever get opened, plus the car is only being used twice a week at the moment. I think that I will have a look for some dehumidifying bags to see if they help.
-
Interior condensation
Unfortunately I have the same problem in my wife's Fabia. I have checked the floor mats, boot, and spare wheel area and all are perfectly dry. I would be interested to know why there is some much condensation on the windows as well.
-
Skoda Fabia 1.0 Se TSI petrol - should we buy ?
Would you be going for the 95 or 110 bhp? I would imagine that the latter would have plenty of power. My wife has the 60bhp Mpi Fabia and that is underpowered for what you are looking for. My octavia will be going back next month at the end of it's contract, so we will hope to change my wife's Fabia as soon as the pcp plan allows, as we are going to just have one car.
-
Purchase of contract hire vehicle
I'm in a similar position with my PCH deal ending in January, so I might get a settlement figure, just for curiosity as I'm about to move house and the Octavia will be too big for the new garage. There are quite a few Octavia similar to mine for sale so I will be able to make a comparison.
-
Purchase of contract hire vehicle
It was nearly 3 years ago when I last changed my car under PCH so it does look like VWFS have changed their terms. When looking at PCP Vs PCH, it's worth remembering that you do not pay vehicle excise licence with PCH, ......... every little helps.
-
Purchase of contract hire vehicle
I don't think that you can buy the vehicle if you have had the pch in your name, however a family member can purchase it. I'm not sure how strict VWFS are regarding this, as they did seem to imply that there are ways around this when my last pch agreement ended!