Got my 312mm fitted! But 2 questions....

Got them fitted tother day, seems it was just as well as the front discs had started to crack!

Just gotta let them bed in now, but already feels a much better bite,

2 questions though:

1. when fitting the chap noticed that on the old calpier, there was a rubber cap which went over the rubber slider which slides onto the caliper carrier.... on my new 312mm there wasnt one... he said ususally they have them to stop crap getting inside and on the carrier threads?

any ideas?

2. how much is the 288mm carriers and calipers worth and what other VAG cars are they can upgrade for?

Joel

2 how much is the 288mm carriers and calipers worth and what other VAG cars are they can upgrade for?

Sadly worth just about F.A.

I've had two sets for a couple of years, one set is brand new and i've never been able to shift them. They wont bolts onto anything else without mods, and by the time you have done mods you might as well fit 312mm.

Hello there.

Took that part number to the VW dealer and ordered 4, however I cant see how they fit on the back of the slider part?

Maybe the part I'm after doesnt exist!

But you mentioned I needed 2 per side... but the rubber bungs according to that part number supplied seem to be for the bleed valve, which I have

Here's a pic of the brake set up..

brakes.png

The red circled is where I thought the bungs would go.. as the old brakes have covers here to stop crap getting in the slider part?

They have supplied me with the part numbered "6"

Does the part I'm after even exist lol. Its just the guy that fitted my brakes said that usually this bit has a cover :confused: