Bucket seats

Does anyone know how much the standard front seats weigh in an Octavia Vrs? I'm considering getting these for my trip to the Nurburgring in just under 3 months. Apart from the support gains it would be nice to save some weight also.

Has anyone got any pictures of a bucket seat installation, i'd be intrested where people have anchored the harnesses.

cheers

REV%20NER.jpg

I have recently fitted bucket seats... But, not in an Octavia

Harness mounting SHOULD be very similar, no matter what car though

if you want pics, i'll slap 'em up....

Does anyone know how much the standard front seats weigh in an Octavia Vrs? I'm considering getting these for my trip to the Nurburgring in just under 3 months. Apart from the support gains it would be nice to save some weight also.

Has anyone got any pictures of a bucket seat installation, i'd be intrested where people have anchored the harnesses.

cheers

REV%20NER.jpg

I have very similar seats in my Fabia. Im guessing the OEM seats are about 25kgs each.

I'd be very greatfull of some piccys - thanks.

Okie doke - apologies for them being in a rusty ****e box Cavalier... :rofl:

Subframe Adaptors were used, and i have no pics of them atall - don't know whats available for the Octavia

DSCF1482.jpg

DSCF1499.jpg

DSCF1498.jpg

The Harness mounts are as follows

Rears; Seat Belt Receiver Mounts

Outer Sides; Lower Seatbelt Mounts

Inner Sides; Seat Belt Receiver Mounts

The bolts for the 3-Points used could be replaced with Eyebolts, which means the standard Belts can be left fitted using the eyebolts to hold them in place, and you could then use Clip In harnesses

I'd be very greatfull of some piccys - thanks.

So there is quit a saving in weight if the standard seats are about 25 Kg, think these are approx 8kg. Just not sure I could live with them everyday.

Cheers guys.

interior001.jpg

interior008.jpg

Thanks for that guys, I see djgritt has gone for the base mounted option and correct me if i'm wrong delcac has gone for side mounted. Another variable to consider :rolleyes:

I love the look of yours delcac, that's the kind of look im after. And the steering wheel :thumbup:

Are you just keeping these in for the ring trip? If so, you'll need adapter brackets (fix to similar mounts the seat already uses) to attach the new seats to the car otherwsie you'll need to weld brackets in.. which is a more permanent option. The adapters weigh another 4 - 8 kgs, harnesses about another 3kg. If you are side mounting, the side mounts weigh another 5 kg or there abouts. You might also want a slider mechanism (if more than one person will be driving and they have longer / shorter legs than you) as the only other way to adjust the seat once fitted, is to remove all the bolts an select new holes on the mount, something you can't do it you base mount. Sliders weigh another 3 - 4 kgs. Saying all that though, the seats will still be lighter once fitted.

Harness mounts.. for ease, go with a 3 point harness as you won't have to drill holes / weld plates on to the car. Use the rear belts points directly behind the centre of the driver and passenger seats, you'll need to take the original belt fastners off to get them to fit. DO NOT use the pillar mounts for the rear harness bolts. Use the lower inertia real mountings on either side of the driver and passenger seat (outside) and you need a bracket for the inside mounts. You can buy these from most seat manufacturers for a few quid. These can either be welded to the car, or, used IF the adapter bracket for the seat has a relevant hole.