My speedo is freaking out!

I am driving my car for tree days and my speedo is freaking out. I wasn't drive it for some months and now when I think everything is put together some strange problems occur. For about 150km my speedo was indicating my speed properly even in ECM was error that the signal coming form speed sensor is not OK. Then instrument cluster become crazy. My speedometer is jumping like crazy form 0 to 240 and back even I'm not moving, sometimes it stays dead on 0 and so on. Also my fuel gauge is not showing the amount of fuel properly. It drops too slow and I dont know how much fuel I have. When the car is not moving, ignition on and engine off - when speedo jumps my steering wheel indicator lights up. When speed sensor is disconnected there is no problem - speed constantly 0. I've tried dismounting CD.. it does not help. Could be my sensor faulty or something more bad?

Nope, but tomorrow morning that will be the first think to do.

Is the signal form the speed sensor going directly to the dashpod?

Another thing to add. When my "auto Lock" function was enabled sometimes was very difficult someone to enter or exit the car - doors were locking always when I unclocked them

Problem solved!

It was the speed transmitter... when a colleague of mine was repairing gearbox, he washed the sensor with oil removing solution, but there was a crack on sensor the elements corroded. I installed new sensor and now everything is OK