Sat Nav question

Hi Guys,

Picked up my Little Red Fabia VRS yesterday and loving it to bit's so far :), also bought a Garmin Nuvi 760 sat nav, which seems a great bit of kit, was just wondering where abouts you put your sat nav units? to the left or right of the steering wheel also how do you solve or tidy up the trailing power lead as the 12v socket is down again the handbreak.

Any tips or help appreciated.

Cheers

Alan

I have cross-bred the sat nav mount with a mobile phone vent mount, and put the unit on the right-hand of the two central dash vents. The power cable (when I need to use it!) drops down from the sat nav, hooks around the seat fore/aft lever, and runs along the gap between the bottom of the seat and the trim round the handbrake etc, then up at the last minute to plug into the socket! :thumbup:

HTH

Took the cradle part from the holder and screwed it to the glove compartment lid. Not very noticeable. Ran wire from glove box to lighter unit under carpet and put put extra socket in glove box. Cable to sat nav just comes out of lid so nothing dangling.

HTH

Viewer

I hard wired my charger into the ignition power lead in the fuse box at the weekend and ran the cable up to the corner of the dash. The cable can be pushed down so its not loose and there are no trailing leads. Works well.