B&Q Rug Doctor

AlphaPapa

Just hired one of these do try and clean up a couple of tired looking carpets but it also comes with a hand tool so i decided to attack the seats in the octy and they have come up like new! You can see the dirt literally being sucked out of the fabric.

Dont bother scrubbing with 1001, go rent a rug doctor and clean your house at the same time! :thumbup:

They are good! Had one a few weeks back whilst decorating the house but didn't have time for the car.

Brought the house carpets up a treat mind. :)

Yep.. the hand attachment is about 4" wide and has quite a long hose perfect for seats!

Upholstery-med.jpg

Dont have any before or after pics, but i also did the seats in our van and the dirt that came out of them was incredible! You really would not believe the colour of the water..

I will do the mats tomorrow and get some pics of the water for you.

As requested here are some pics..

Here are the seats now they have dried off over night, there was muddy little paw prints all over them.

21652.attach

Here is the floor matt before cleaning..

21655.attach

Here are some pics of the water after doing the matts, really revolting!

21653.attach

21654.attach

Just been to Morrison to have a butchers at the deals.

£25 for 24 hours rental inc carpet detergent.

Can do the car and the 2 carpeted rooms in the flat.

Bang on the mark.:thumbup:

I cant see how a £31 Vax can compare to a £600 commercial machine?

The rug doctor actually spray down quite a lot of water and the brush has a very strong scrubbing action. Out of one 9 litre fill up i covered 2 runs about 5 meters long so you will need to fill it quite often. But it really does work absolute wonders.

see this review here.. Rug Doctor

I cant see how a £31 Vax can compare to a £600 commercial machine?

The rug doctor actually spray down quite a lot of water and the brush has a very strong scrubbing action. Out of one 9 litre fill up i covered 2 runs about 5 meters long so you will need to fill it quite often. But it really does work absolute wonders.

see this review here.. Rug Doctor

I've hired the rug doctor on more than one occasion before I bought the vax and the results are comparable. Even on beige carpets the rug doctor is not noticeably better.

In the car you won't be using the brush either just the attachment which will do the same as the VAX etc one of water in then suck it up.

Where does the `£600` go?

Mostly on a larger water resevoir and building it like a tank.

The vax I got for £31 is listed at £129 rrp IIRC.

Either way, buying a cheaper one for home use means you can use it whenever you like and is the same price as a hire.