Clicking sound

Hi, can anyone help i have a clicking sound on my Octavia 1.9 TDi Elegance 04 reg which you can only hear when driving, only it stop's when you turn the steering to the right and come's back when the steering straightn's.I have had the tyres checked twice all stone's removed clicking sound still there.Swapped front wheels and back wheel's around clicking still there.When window's are up you can not hear it only when window/window's are open.Checked cv boot's no split's or leak's.PLEASE HELP DRIVING ME MAD !!!!!

Have you checked for stones trapped behind the dust shields or just in the treads? I'm not clear but if you've not checked under the dust shields that's possible.

Otherwise it makes me think of a CV joint issue starting.

checked dust shields even used an air gun to blow any stone's out even been to the tyre centre a few time's they have removed all stone's but clicking still there.

Phoned local Skoda garage's today for price on cv joint's left & right £89.30 each (exchange) but i will be charged £165.68 each.If i take my old one's back I will get the difference of £76.38 refurnd as an insentive to return my old cv joint's.

Then i phoned Camberley Auto Factor's they wanted £60.00 each and I will get £10 back on return of each of my old cv joint's.

So i think i might as well get them both done for £100 just for peace of mind as the clocking sound has been there for about 2 month's now and driving me mad:mad: unless i keep window's all closed so i carn't hear it.