1.9 TDI Engine Additives and Longevity

Mr Bean

I am coming up to 100k in my Octavia II 1.9TDI and feel that I should be doing more to get the best out of the old girl (3.5 years old!) as I want another 100k!

Anyone here any experience of using additives in these engines and what suggestions would you make to ensure I keep getting the most out of her?

Thanks in advance

Daveboy

Thanks for that, might give them a go.

Are there any known problems using either of these on the 1.9TDI engine? I imagine VAG do not recommend the use of additives?

another tip - if you feel up to a weekend's work - remove the EGR and intake manifold and clean them - they build up a thick layer of black paste. You should notice a definite increase in smoothness, mpg and power....

i use millers in nearly every tank of diesel, I've just replaced my leaking egr valve and it drives like a new car. Mine's done just over 100k and feels like it will go on for many more miles.

I used some Forte diesel treatment the other day on Decrons reccomendation, ran the fuel down to about 40 miles left according to the trip computer, put the Forte in, went for a 14 mile blast with some redlining in 2nd, 3rd gear, then topped up with diesel.

Car seems to run a lot smoother now.

I used some Forte diesel treatment the other day on Decrons reccomendation, ran the fuel down to about 40 miles left according to the trip computer, put the Forte in, went for a 14 mile blast with some redlining in 2nd, 3rd gear, then topped up with diesel.

Car seems to run a lot smoother now.

It's more effective run through the filter but thats only if you have problems.

It is good stuff and it should smoke less :thumbup: