Best price for a new vRS

Following on my from other post about possibly buying a vRS I've found the following prices for new vRS hatchbacks:

2.0 TFSi £14,943.78 at Drivethedeal or £14,495 at Autofinders (list price £17,910?)

2.0 TDi PD £15,702.75 at Drivethedeal or £15,295 at Autofinders (list price £18,765)

2.0TDi CR £16,587.68 at Drivethedeal (list price £18,740? - is the CR really cheaper than the PD?)

Obviously they are basic on the road prices without even metallic paint etc but look pretty good compared to the 12-18 month used cars I was looking at on official Skoda website.

Do you think a dealer would be able to get close to these prices, plus be interested in taking a part exchange?

If a bought a basic vRS with few or no options would I be making a mistake?

Can anyone suggest any other places to buy a cheap vRS?

I don't know that a dealer can stoop as low a that, have you ensured they are UK stock which also include the current free upgrades?

One other thing to consider is that are they new and un-registered, obviously doesn't make too much differance to you as a buyer looking for a cheap car but doesn't make it an even comparison against a dealer new price.

Remember there is also 5.5% APR on Solutions when buying a new vRS from a UK franchised dealer. You won't get that from a broker.

Yes I think the CR is a few quid cheaper than the PD.

I think you'd regret not having a couple of options but you should be driven by your budget and not your heart.

I think that if you are really trying to spend as little as possible you should go and think about perhaps buying something different and slightly cheaper and adding a few options to it. In my experience there's nothing quite like having a base model of anything and then wish later you had taken the bullet and got a few extra bits. Certainly at reslae you could suffer.

I have a vRS and wish it had a few other bits (i have a small selection though). mind you, i did get a decent deal (thanks Stu!) due to a car being unwanted at the time at the dealer.

Chris

I bought my vRS TFSI for £17,200 from Mitchell Skoda near Chester. Delivery currently for 1st week in July

That included paint, cruise, light assist, rear parking, 18" and climate.

I was very impressed by their attitude to. Recommended ;)

It shows that the dealers can be reasonable when compared to internet pricing.

My local dealer got within a couple of hundred pounds of the internet deals this time last year. So it is always worth asking them. As it was I did not take the deal as I bought a nearly new one instead but had I bought new I would have paid the little extra to get it from the dealer since I would have an actual person to go back too if things not quite right etc.

my two local dealers wouldnt budge, but i did get a bit more for my trade in. i was offered a good deal over the phone down in dorset, but couldnt remember who now and it would have meant travelling down to sign paperwork and then again for something else then to pick up the car.

£16,300 for a built to order UK spec black TFSI hatch. I added maxi dot, curtain airbags and parking sensors. The jumbo box and 18" alloy upgrade was included.

Total list price was £19,600 I think. I tried several main dealers and they could only get within £1000 - £2000 of the best price (they were "fairly" happy to pre register too for the discounts. Actually I had to twist their arms considerably :rolleyes:).

Caveat for my deal was vehicle had to be pre registered and they keep the V5 for 6 months (but brand new - as I say it was ordered specifically on spec).

No downsides so far. The supplying dealer was actually DM Keith. I live 200 miles from them so they are making a sale and not losing out on much else.

I ordered though

Evolution Funding Ltd

Tel: 0870 756 1212

Fax: 0870 756 1213

New Car Financing | New Car Leasing | Online Car Financing

(I am in no way affiliated with them).

They also gave the best trade in price on my old car (unseen) and honoured it.

I understand why folks are reluctant / skeptical with this sort of thing and that's natural. Check out all the small print and seek recommendations.

The line that "you can't really afford it can you and should set your sights lower" makes me laugh. Fortunately for sales people the majority of punters pay sticker price (or close to it). The reality is they still make money off deals where they are discounting 20%. Of course there are less of those deals - you just need to be one of them.

I know very wealthy people who haggle over everything and this is the same principle. I just see it as a matter of self respect to get the best price / service available.

BTW I also imported 2 cars from Belgium back in the day, saved a fortune and never had any downsides. Of course there were plenty of nee- sayers back then, but saving £5000 on an Impreza Turbo sweetened the bitter pill of their disapproval for me :D (and yes they were full UK spec cars too). And it was £5000 - I remember when that was a good saving!

Anyway, good luck and let us know how you go.

Why buy a new car?

Buy a second hand one with all the options for cheaper. Someone will have run it in and sorted out all the niggly little problems that the car came with for you! It's win win!

Why buy a new car?

Buy a second hand one with all the options for cheaper. Someone will have run it in and sorted out all the niggly little problems that the car came with for you! It's win win!

You can't beat the feeling of picking up and driving your brand new car :rofl:

Thanks for the replies. Ads - originally I was thinking I would go down the AUC route but if you look at the prices, compared to some of the discounted prices available on brand new cars, you'll see why I then started thinking about buying a brand new one (I always vowed I would never buy a brand new car!).

Still not sure whether to keep my 330Ci Sport and just put up with the ever increasing fuel (and VED) costs but I think I'll go and test drive both the petrol and diesel vRS Octavias and see what I think...

Ads, you'll find if you shop around you can buy a new car for the same price a dealer is selling a used model. That was exactly what prompted me to search this time. I drove past a dealer and saw a '56 plate vRS. It didn't have the options I wanted so I looked into it and sourced the car I currently have. An '08 plate vRS to my requirements for the same price as the second hand one.

And I don't count 12000 miles as thoughtfully taking care of the niggles etc ;)

OK you might find one privately for less but if you need trade in etc etc.

To each his own....

Why buy a new car?

Do you know a guy who goes by the name of Welshy?

:rolleyes:

Hi,

I've managed to get the following quotes for a vRS CR170 with 18" wheels & dual climate upgrade, in race blue for delivery on the 1st Sept 08 (change of company car due then).

Horton's (Lincoln) - £16,900 OTR

Rainworth Skoda (Mansfield) - £16,000 OTR + £350 for met paint & £120 for maxi-dot (pre-regisered keep V5 for 3 months)

Autofinders (Bakewell) - £16,120 OTR inc met paint & maxi-dot (brand new 1st owner) & delivered). Took a lot of hagling tho'.

Just thought this might be of interest!

Will then be looking to get OEM BT fitted at dealer's (Rainworth) for £399 as quoted in previous thread.

Placing order tomorrow, can't wait!!

Daz:D

Just make sure that when you get the BT fitted they get you what you want, I know of another member who had 'OEM' BT fitted and got the Blueconnect thing. They were't lying as the Blueconnect is in fact an OEM BT kit.

I am only aware of Simpsons having the items that you want as we've previously discussed.

With regard to the OEM BT kit, we printed out your how to guide, which includes all of the part numbers of items required, and then priced for supply and fit. The parts manager there is quite good and is aware that you can order european parts for uk supply, etc, as long as you have the right part no.'s

Daz.