Driver Info panel errors

Hi All,

Am just new to this site so still finding my way about hope some one can help.

I have an 05 superb 1.9tdi 130bhp. The top third of the driver info panel in the dash has just gone out completly which normally shows the radio station or cd track your listening to, also the right hand side of the multi function steering wheel no longer works.

The dash has been playing up for a few weeks intermitantly going on and off but now nothing. I have checked the connections at the back of the radio unit and all seem fine, also had a quick check of all fuses etc.

The top section still works to give error messages eg if you try and drive with the hand brake up it will come on, also a rear brake light recently went out and error message is displayed in the top section as brake light failure, so it seems the panel itself is still working.

Anyone have this before or have any suggestions of how to fix??

any relevant info welcome.

Thanks

Hi Supurbia

I know only too well of the problem you are talking about had it before in a previous superb a very expensive handling. So the mintue I got the new one I made sure to seal up all the likley areas with window screen bond its now fit to be a submarine lol.

Decided I would check the carpet any how but is 100% dry no leeks or dampness to be found thanks anyways.

Anyone else had this issue??

or any ideas what it could be??

A mate of mine recons its possible it may be the radio unit it self not sure though??

• 2 months later...

I had this problem as well. All I had to do is to switch off and on the radio few times ... on the odd occasion I get the European version of the maxidot(in red colour) with litres and kilometres. Also sometimes the icon of the car changes ... I think this caused by bad wiring