Alternator mounting - blocking head removal

Taking my 1.3mpi engine apart yesterday to replace the head gasket, got to the last bit before putting it all back together and the bracket that holds the alternator is in the way of taking the head off.

is there anyway of getting it out without having to remove the entire pully system?

photo:

im2ovd.jpg

is that bracket that i have undone where it is supposed to pivot?

cuz the heynes manual i have shows a differant fitting and its difficult to see under the alternator but there seems to be loads and loads of bolts holding a huge bracket on :S

undone a few bolts but it wouldnt even wobble so i put them back in worrying i had undone something else.

There should be a bolt on a long piece of metal with a long hole to enable it to pivot. The clamp bolt also needs to be undone and it may take a bit of effort to get everything to move. I believe the clamp bolt is the one at the top of your alternator on it's right.

I am guessing the fitting is modified (hence different to Haynes) to allow the MPI coil pack to fit over the spark plugs.

right so will this remove it completley? cuz i unbolted the bracket from the head and the alternator from the bracket and the gap is too small to get the bracket out so i can lift the head off, seems like a daft *** design thats been adpated to fit something at the last minute lol