It's not fair!

My hubby parked my car in a library car park after giving an ailing Little Jo a much needed lift to work. This evening we discover that some nasty/stupid/mindless individual has scratched the rear bumper. The car isn't even two months old yet. It's very disheartening.

:(

My hubby parked my car in a library car park after giving an ailing Little Jo a much needed lift to work. This evening we discover that some nasty/stupid/mindless individual has scratched the rear bumper. The car isn't even two months old yet. It's very disheartening.

Sorry to hear that Jo. It could have been worse, though. A couple of months ago, my parked car was slammed into and was in repair for 5 weeks. Things are impermanent.

I cannot believe people can be so careless around other people's property. The scratches are superficial, but there's damage at three different heights on the bumper which makes me think it may even have been rammed by a pushchair.

Just to add insult to injury, the sore throat I've been nursing for a week has turned into a stonker of a cold. I can't stop sneezing and feel really rough.

My last company car was parked in a Supermarket car park on the day it was delivered. Old guy in a Rover reversed into the space in front of me, stuck his tow bar into the bumper, realised what he had done and drove straight back out and off.

I was SITTING IN IT at the time, chatting to my regional manager on the phone about "stuff" and was so gobsmacked I didn't get his number.

I'd only had the thing 1/2 hour. 2 days in body shop.

Got a picture of the damage as you may find it can be polished out if you're lucky.

sorry to hear, if it makes ya feel any better, some mindless yob one night keyed the two doors of my vrs se, ON THE DRIVE, its costing me £400, but worst things happen at sea ah, chin up

Some helpful bar steward stoved in my passenger door in a car park, the week after I had the door replaced (because someone stoved it in in a car park). Fortunately my next door neighbour at the time was a panel beater, he got it almost back to new.

New things only go one way. When you get a new car, that is as good as it gets. From then on, it's downwards - deterioration, accidents etc. This is happening all the time - sometimes faster, sometimes slower. Remember this and don't expect anything different. Then it will not seem so bad when the inevitable eventually happens.

First estimate is for a bodyshop repair - £250. I'm going to look at all the options and not rush into anything. I've been told the scuffs are too deep to polish out.

It's my first new car - I was hoping it would stay blemish-free more than seven weeks. Oh well.

I bought a brand new Volvo about 25 years ago one Monday on 1st August.

On the way home from work on the Friday a lorry scraped along the side of me and ripped into the rear and front wings and both doors. I only bought that because my previous Volvo at less than a year old was clobbered by a motorbike.

• 5 months later...
First estimate is for a bodyshop repair - £250. I'm going to look at all the options and not rush into anything. I've been told the scuffs are too deep to polish out.

As Mark said, get some photos taken and post them up. Then we can take a look.

Steve

Folk of a certain age will recall The Beasty Boys. They were a 1980's US rapper group who appeared on stage adorned with VW badges around their necks. This started a worldwide crime wave with many parked VW's having their badges prised off and 'fans' wearing them as a of 'badge of honour' VW had problems keeping up with replacement supplies.

Not heard of any current pop group that wear Skoda badges????

Sorry to hear that Jo!:thumbdwn: Like the guys said...I'm afraid it happens to us all at some point. But look at it this way...it'll probably not happen again! How is 'Mr Little Jo' taking it? Oh and I've got that stonking cold as well! Merry Christmas...:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...