Xenon Bulbs H3

Despite all the legality issues with HID headlamps i have just purchased a second hand Bi Xenon 6000k pair for £20 plus £6 post. Fitted in under 2 hours (after making holes in the headlamp covers) and i am very impressed. The side light 501 bulbs looked terrible so i purchased a pair of LED 501 super white bulbs which match perfectly from Hids4u.co.uk. The Fog lamps, H3 bulbs look yellow now so i need a pair of lamps that will match my hids. Has anyone upgraded and if so which lamps are the best match for colour.

Why do they need to match the xenon's?

If it's foggy enough to need the front fog's on then you will find the H3 fogs work better without the dip beam on anyway (just side lights and fog lights).

The whole point of having fog lights on is because the headlights are giving off too much light, which then dazzles you on the fog, so by fitting xenons into the fog lights will also give out too much light.

or have i missed your point totally and you just want to use the fog lights to make the car look cool? :rolleyes:

Thanks for pointing that out. What i was looking for was a set of bulbs xenon look just as a straight replacement.I understand the use of fog lamps but in the event of a night drive (when foggy) im certainly not going to drive with just sidelights and fogs. The fogs are very rarely used but when you look at the difference in colour when they are on it looks a bit odd.

• 4 months later...
The Fog lamps, H3 bulbs look yellow now so i need a pair of lamps that will match my hids. Has anyone upgraded and if so which lamps are the best match for colour.

Ok. First thing like you not intrested in peeps piping on about legal issues..

So don't bother.

You have fitted then..

hid con kits are rated in colour temperature 4000k to 12000 k (k=kelvin) not in watts. (although saying that there is a brighter 55 watt version out now)

White is 4000k.... diamond white 6000k after that 8000k and colour starts to border on blue then to purple and is DEF illegal above 6000k.

I would hassard a guess at 6000k as this is the most popular one. If you are unsure ask who you bought them off for the kelvin rating.

Then just go on ebay ect and get a conversion kit for that kelvin for the h3 bulb. round the 40 to 50 quid mark for full kit. bulbs, ballest loom ect.

Hope that helps

J