Factory Fitted Speakers and Tweeters?

My felly just has two speakers in the front doors, was there ever an option for more speakers? rears and tweeters? as i cant think where they would have been put. I want to add rear speakers and tweeters, im not gunna play crap music too loud on sh!t speakers, i just want to have a bit of clarity for my music. And you don't get good clarity and sound from two ancient cheap speakers right down in the footwells lol.

I was thinking of putting a couple of 5 inch speakrs in the back just above the rear seatbelt brackets just behind the rear doors, and im gunna try find tweeters as small as possible and sink them into the dash somewhere as i dont want ones sticking out

has anyone else added speakers to fellys? if so where did you put them?

I have indeed...

I replaced the fronts with sony xplod 13cm's, then (mines the estate) replaced the front stationary parcel shelf with a sheet of MDF, placed 2x 6x9's in then carpeted over the top so it looks just like the parcel shelf. (Also hid a sub, amp and crossover in the boot :P). Im not a chav or boy racer by any means, but a sound engineer that loves the clarity of his music!

ace, i have seen the parcel shelfs in the estates, i got a hatch, im gunna try avoid put speakers in the parcel shelf if there is enough room im gunna try and some 5 inches in the two rear pillars, behind the rear seats, just above the seatbelt tensioners, i havent had a look to see how much room there is behind the trim though.

good to have a reply, TOOK A WEEK lol

anyone else... (if anyone reads it)... done any speaker mods?

im gunna put a tweeter in each door aswell me thinks.

I have been into HiFi all my life. To listen to boy racers amplified sub base makes me cringe. I like a natural base sound. Car speakers never have enough base due to their size and lack of spacial volume behind them.

I have put an unampified bass tube in my boot with an 8" dual core speaker, this plays both the stereo channels through one speaker,no cutting, easy to install, move from car to car, deep rich natural bass.

yeah you see thats the sort of thing i like, hate it when you here a scruffy little corsa or 106 coming past, some spotty dope in the drivers seat and all the bodywork rattling when the oversized sub in the back goes "BOOM".

How much are the little unamplified subs? and what channel you run them off, i think my stereo has a little pre amp out but not sure, its only a little cheap lg mp3 cd thingy, nothing fancy.

I only live a few miles away from you in leicester , if you want you can come and see what I have done and you can listen to see if it is what you want. It just wires up to the rear speaker output on your unit. I have also changed my front speakers for sony . pound for pound they give the best range and fidelity, only cost £20

yeah you see thats the sort of thing i like, hate it when you here a scruffy little corsa or 106 coming past, some spotty dope in the drivers seat and all the bodywork rattling when the oversized sub in the back goes "BOOM".

How much are the little unamplified subs? and what channel you run them off, i think my stereo has a little pre amp out but not sure, its only a little cheap lg mp3 cd thingy, nothing fancy.

i would if i had enough money to be able to afford to drive the car atm lol, no insurance atm, and probably not for a few weeks, but ill take your word for it, hehe. only looking into speakers at the moment, but i got a load of amazon vouchers so if there is any decent speakers, i was thinkning of getting something just so i had something to do lol

what model speakers you gots?

i see, cheers for that, i hadnt though of using speakers not designed for cars lol, i got a couple of shelf speakers lying about that im probably never going to use, but they sound quite good i might open them up n not fit them straight away but position them in the car and see how it sounds with my head unit, the head unit i have isnt bad but its definaly nothing fancy just 4x50w output like normal, cheers for the ideas, ill do some research :)

i have a 99 fellie and had the the same trouble as yourself i have went down the route of 6x9s their infinity reference and cost about 50 quid front speakers are also infinity reference 13cm components had to cut mdf shims their in the doors and the tweeters are in the door cards just in front of dash they are about the same money now as the 6x9s . These are working of a panasonic headunit and sound excellent for the money . I also have an infinity all in one sub but that was added later. I'm not a spotty faced **** tho just in my car a lot on m way and as you know the 1.3 engine can be a bit noisy,

I put mine in so I cant hear the speedo cable

i have a 99 fellie and had the the same trouble as yourself i have went down the route of 6x9s their infinity reference and cost about 50 quid front speakers are also infinity reference 13cm components had to cut mdf shims their in the doors and the tweeters are in the door cards just in front of dash they are about the same money now as the 6x9s . These are working of a panasonic headunit and sound excellent for the money . I also have an infinity all in one sub but that was added later. I'm not a spotty faced **** tho just in my car a lot on m way and as you know the 1.3 engine can be a bit noisy,

I have been into HiFi all my life. To listen to boy racers amplified sub base makes me cringe. I like a natural base sound. Car speakers never have enough base due to their size and lack of spacial volume behind them.

I have put an unampified bass tube in my boot with an 8" dual core speaker, this plays both the stereo channels through one speaker,no cutting, easy to install, move from car to car, deep rich natural bass.

? If you setup the system correctly then a sub is not going to sound like fake bass, i'm sorry but using home speakers(8ohms) in an 8" bass tube is not going to sound good. for someone who is into HiFi you should know this. You need a good sub in a mathmatically calculated box with a good amp and a good crossover. It doesn't have to be loud but it does need to be round. Are don't mean to sound rude but your advice is a bit wrong.

agree wholeheartedly with Ben above...

and also...

I have indeed...

I replaced the fronts with sony xplod 13cm's, then (mines the estate) replaced the front stationary parcel shelf with a sheet of MDF, placed 2x 6x9's in then carpeted over the top so it looks just like the parcel shelf. (Also hid a sub, amp and crossover in the boot :P). Im not a chav or boy racer by any means, but a sound engineer that loves the clarity of his music!

if you are a sound engineer, AND you want clarity, what were you schmoking when you decided 6x9s would help you on this quest?

Sorry to disappoint you but mine are 4 ohms with a crossover and tweeters, no amplifier, and they sound great.

Car bass speakers are designed to carry high wattage as a priority so boy racers can amplify them.

Hi Fi speakers are designed to give sound quality as a preferance. I have speakers at home that I have built that are better than anything you can buy, they have that much detail that they can pick out indervidual voices in a chorus.

? If you setup the system correctly then a sub is not going to sound like fake bass, i'm sorry but using home speakers(8ohms) in an 8" bass tube is not going to sound good. for someone who is into HiFi you should know this. You need a good sub in a mathmatically calculated box with a good amp and a good crossover. It doesn't have to be loud but it does need to be round. Are don't mean to sound rude but your advice is a bit wrong.
Edited by billygeorge
more info

Why do people loose sleep worrying about ohms?

Ohms is nothing to do with voltage, but the resistance of the speaker coil offered to the amp.

A typical impedance curve of a speaker unit is that it can be difficult to drive at low frequencies, as high as 1 ohm "yes high at one" and easy at high, say 8 ohms, so the manufacturer will slap a 4ohm label on it as its average resistance.

Thats why you can boost the bass output on your amp.