Medical Advice required.

Just caught up on this. I've a vague notion that your purely physical symptoms sound like thyroid, or maybe an early onset of T2 diabetes (which is an easy blood test for an indicative diagnosis that you need testing properly).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the doctor will find the cause of my symptoms. But i not holding my breath as they have been gving me blood tests for these sorts of symtoms since I was about 16 at least but the symtoms have got worse over past wee while. It might be nothing physical, it could be stress related cos i find the syptoms get worse when I get stressed, worried or anxious. I do wonder if I will find out with out some sort of full medical or something.

don't forget weird things like food allergies - try leaving out one thing at a time from your diet... Keep a diary of what you were doing, eating, etc b4 you felt particularly bad...

good luck

Bas

don't forget weird things like food allergies - try leaving out one thing at a time from your diet... Keep a diary of what you were doing, eating, etc b4 you felt particularly bad...

good luck

Bas

Thanks sounds a good Idea. I should give that a try. Maybe try a diary for a month then review it after a monday. Maybe get Skodaboy to give me a hand with keeping a diary cos I not very good at keeping one.

Thanks sounds a good Idea. I should give that a try. Maybe try a diary for a month then review it after a monday. Maybe get Skodaboy to give me a hand with keeping a diary cos I not very good at keeping one.

I have a nice big diary that needs filled up, if you want me to help you.

Davy

Bas knows his stuff, helped me no end over the past year as when I passed 30 I seemed to get hit with everything going. I think I just took to much on and it run me down to the point I became liable to illness which is generally not like me.

I'm lucky as I had an understanding doctor who helped no end even though just about every test he was doing came back either negative or inconclusive. But I never once felt like he thought I was making it up or it was in my head. Turns out after sometime I had Hep A and my liver/kidenys were having a rough time of it and the meds I was first prescribed seem to make me a lot worse (steer clear of Trammadol(sp?)...lol)

online health questionnaire, to be quite honest online internet stuff like medical conditions are for people who want to pretend to be sick and get a day off work and also some folk think the worst when they see their condition.

I'd say avoid them. Can't tell you of the number of times I came home to Niq saying I think I've got meningitis (or similar) when she actually just had a cold or an ache!

It was just a very random thought I had while sitting here bored at work thinking about things. My brains just on overtime at the moment thinking about things. But prob if i tried one of them it would be on overdrive.

Could also be an Iodine deficiency, this will give similar symptoms to a 'physical' thyroid problem, try eating more green veg like Spinach to see of that helps.

..Don't go over borard though as too much Iodine can have the opposite effect.

Looking up stuff on the net when depressed/anxious isnt good.

I notice the NHS has dropped the related illnesses for their pages after being in undated by people looking up one thing, and ending up looking at something else and panicing.

Try it on anxiety. Used to show brain tumour & heart attack as one of the links! Nothing to make you feel better eh?

Hello. I haven't had time to read all of this. But having read your posts Skodagirl, your symptoms seem very similar to a friend of mine who ended up being diagnosed with ME. Problem is that some doctors still disagree on whether the condtion even exists or not, but it was very real to my friend and once diagnosed she could begin to learn how to cope with it. Hope this helps in some way. x

Hello. I haven't had time to read all of this. But having read your posts Skodagirl, your symptoms seem very similar to a friend of mine who ended up being diagnosed with ME. Problem is that some doctors still disagree on whether the condtion even exists or not, but it was very real to my friend and once diagnosed she could begin to learn how to cope with it. Hope this helps in some way. x

Not to mention Fribromyalgia (sp?) and others which are related to Chronic Fatigue illnesses.

ME does exist, and I have a friend with it to prove the point! I have another one who says they have ME, but with the differences in how much the 2 of them can do etc, the second one more probably has "malingeritus"!! ;)

2 years ago April just gone I was off work for a month. The Doctor said it wa Post Viral Fitigue not sure if its linked to how i been feeling on and off over past while.

With the usual notes about not being a Doctor etc, I think/hope you're slightly run down and/or stressed.

If it's more serious, it's most likely thyroid, iodine deficiency or mild depression (and I seriously hope I'm wrong about that last one).

Well a few months ago the doc did say I was suffering from a mild form of depression. I have been on the tablets since Feb most of the time they have made a difference over past few months but I think I am prob skightly run down at moment. Even got a summer Cold?? Very odd having a sore throat in July never had that before. But i have been very stressed lately too.